Chapter 12 ~ Betrayed

[A/N: Guys I made a trailer! Go check it out at the beginning of my story and let me know what you think! Also, I have over 500 reads now! Any only two chapters ago I had 400. Thank you so much! My goal is 1,000 and we're halfway there aahhh! So anyways, I hope you like this Chapter!!!!]

Zaaaapppp

It felt as though everything was happening so fast. One moment we're expecting scolding from the landlord and the next moment a bunch of guys with taser guns are at our door. We hardly had time to react. Nykki tried to use her superspeed but ended up being zapped first. Her limp body hardly had time to hit the floor before I felt electricity bolt through me, and everything went black...

Owww.....

My eyes begin to flutter open. Wait.. Where am I? Getting up, I survey my environment. Great. Another jail cell. Never wanted to be in these again buuut...  The cell is pretty much all concrete, even the bed I was laying on. What's that in the corner? My mind wanders, and leads me to a lump in the shadow of the cell. As I get closer I notice some blue. Soon the lump begins to form a figure..

"Asia?!" I exclaim, getting down on my knees and shaking her.

"My heaaaddd..." She groans.

I put my arm around her and help her sit up. "What the heck, why'd they bother to put me on the bed if they put you on the ground?"

"That doesn't look like a bed to me." She says, rubbing her head and looking around. "Where are we?"

"I highly suspect that it was Mana Kala who did this. Hopefully, they brought us right to their lair." I walk over to the rusty bars and look out. It kind of looked like a basement? Ok, maybe not. We still had to get out though. So I step back and reach out my hand towards the lock, attempting to freeze it.

Nothing.

"Why aren't you working?" I look at my hand and try again.

Still nothing.

"Wait a minute..." Anastasia walks over to me and grabs my other wrist. "These bracelets...." She point to a metal cuff around my wrist with two small green lights on it. Then she held out her own wrist and compared it to mine. She had one too, exactly the same. "These must be why our powers aren't working." She moves her hand trying to form a water ball but it was no use.

"Wouldn't the only people who know how to dampen our powers be from Allegiance?" I ask.

Anastasia's dark eyes go big. "You're right. And the only way they'd know where we live would be from The Allegiance."

"There must be a leak..."

"We have to find it!" She says looking out.

I follow her gaze and look out too, squinting. There's a dim light in the cell but that was it. The rest of the room we were in was pretty much all dark except I could see a lot of boxes and crates and some other junk.

"Do you hear that?" I ask, perking up. We both strain to hear the sound. "It sounds like whimpering. There's someone else in here..."

Asia nods. "Hello?" She calls out.

Suddenly we hear a second person. "Guys?" The voice calls back. Then we hear him say something quieter. "It's gonna be okay."