10 Hearts - Night by the City

It's just another normal day mining for me. Autumn is in the air, and that means one of my best friends, Abigail, will be having her birthday soon. So, like the normal friend I am, I was going to the mines to get her one of her favorite gifts - an amethyst. I had also wanted to get some frozen tears for my crush, but that was beside the point.

Then, I hear the revving of a motor. Speak of the devil. I think. Oh, if only I wasn't forced down this path because I went to the stupid mines! Hurray!

My friend must've noticed me because he turns on the headlights to his motorcycle. "Oh, hey, Xena." he says.

"Um, hey, Sebastian!" I reply in what is probably the most awkward tone I've ever talked in since living in this town since the first of spring. I'm also shielding my eyes because I don't want to go blind. Luckily he notices and turns off the lights, and you walk towards him.

"Mining?" he asks.

"Yeah." Dead silence for about ten seconds. "What about you?" He's on his motorcycle, therefore, he must be doing something, because nobody just sits in or on their vehicle at ten at night.

"I was just heading out. Hop on. I actually want to show you something." Sebastian answers, staring down at the ground.

"Oh?" I wonder out loud. He simply nods.

I then remember I'm getting on a motorcycle, one of my childhood hatreds. The crazy things people do for love. I think as I attempt to straddle the seat. Eventually, I get it and just sit there.

"Um, Xena?" Sebastian begins. "You, uh, know you have to hold onto me, right?" he asks in an unusual slightly nervous tone.

"Oh! Yeah! Right! I was spacing out. Sorry!" I reply and wrap my arms around his waist. I may be a pretty comfortable person around mostly everyone, but my face flushes a deep red at my own actions. Thank Yoba it's night, and Seb can't see me!

Ten minutes later, we both arrive... somewhere. "Hey. You can open your eyes now." my crush informs. I open my eyes and slowly pull my head away from his shoulder. After that, I release my hold on him and we both get up.

I immediately scan the new area. As far as I can tell, we're high up in the mountains in a weird rest area thing that actually isn't a rest area since there are no buildings. The only buildings I can see are the ones far in the distance drawing me in. I walk towards the mountain's railless edge and gaze out at the tall, gleaming buildings. My eyes sparkle, and I smile from ear to ear.

Suddenly, there is a presence close beside me. "That's Zuzu City in the distance." he begins. "I come here when I want to get away from everything and just... think." He pulls out a cigarette and lights it. Dammit, Sebastian! I reflexively think. At least he turns his head away from me when he starts smoking from it.

"What do you think?" he asks, holding the cigarette away from me. He knows I despise his habit, so I appreciate that he's trying to not turn me into a second-hand smoker.

Deciding to not ruin the moment, I answer, "it's beautiful."

"Hmm... Not exactly how I'd put it, but yeah." he replies, letting a few moments pass before speaking again. "The city used to draw me in... but now I'm finding myself happier at home in the valley." He sighs. "Xena...?"

I turn my head to look at him. He had put his cigarette in the pocket of his black hoodie. His face flushes a bit as I stare him in the eyes, which I rarely do to anyone. He hesitates before saying, "I, um, don't usually bring girls to this place. In fact, you're the only one."

My face reddens and I look to the side of Sebastian. I decide to just play with a random strand of my hair. Remember Xena, he's not implying anything romantic. He's not implying anything romantic whatsoever. I mentally kick myself.

"Y-you know what I'm trying to say, don't you?" he stutters. SCRATCH THAT, XENA! PANICPANICPANIC!!!

I then turn my whole body towards him to see if this is a cruel joke or not. If only he didn't do the same thing... His face is flushed, too, but it definitely isn't as obvious as the one coating my face.

He slowly leans in, and I follow suit. Despite the fact that I'm twenty-two, I've never kissed anyone before. Honestly, I doubt Sebastian has either. He's too much of an emo loner. Both of our lips meet and my heart races a mile a minute. I've read enough fanfic to have an idea of what I should do, so I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer. He responds by holding onto my hips and pulling me closer, causing me to blush even more. Well, if that's even possible. We both part after around a minute and just pant, still in our positions.

"We need to do this again sometime." Seb whispers. I shrug and rest my head on his shoulder. He just runs his fingers through my hair.

"We should probably go now. Robin might be worried about you." I inform.

"She's probably sleeping now."

"Yeah, but can't she hear you coming through the door?"

He pauses before saying, "Shit. You're right."

Both of us hop on his bike, and I smile and shut my eyes as I hold Sebastian and lean into him. He drops me off at my home about ten minutes later and pecks me on the lips right before driving off towards his home without me.

 He drops me off at my home about ten minutes later and pecks me on the lips right before driving off towards his home without me