Where in the World...

I was drowning. I opened my eyes in the water and looked down; all I could see were my legs floating over a bottomless pit. The sight scared me so I stopped looking down.

My lungs started aching. But the bubbles were going everywhere, and I couldn't sense which way was up.

My conscience was slipping from me. Water filled my lungs.

Through the water I saw my parents. They were looking at me sadly. I had nothing left to kick to them. I tried to reach out to them, but I kept sinking farther and farther away.

The waves roared above me, but here it was quiet, peaceful; I didn't mind that I was sinking, at least it was quiet and dark there. Nothing could hurt me. I sunk deeper and deeper, my eyes shutting.

(A/n I'm not really sure  if the previous paragraph really fits, please comment)

I woke up sweating and crying. Then I noticed the woman from yesterday by my side.

      "Hush, child. It's ok. You're safe now." Just hearing her voice made me calm. My breathing slowed and I calmed down a bit.

       "So what happened? How did you end up in the ocean?" She asked, as I stopped crying.

       Thinking for a moment, I started. I explained everything; the cruise, how it exploded, the island, everything else, and how my parents must be dead.

        "And where where you living before you went on the cruise?"
       "New York."

       Her eyes widened, and she looked scared. Then, very slowly, she looked up at me.
       "We are near Finland, heading towards Russia."