burned

The day started off like any other day, sunny and humid. I slipped into skinny jeans and a graphic tee that said 'first lemme take a selfie'. I put my hair up in a messy bun not Caring, about what I look like.

"Bye." I said to harmony as she left with her boyfriend. I got into my car, and drove down the road. I saw a familiar person walking the street.

"Niall?" I stopped the car for him. "Want a ride?" I asked. He thanked me for the millionth time and I nodded and accepted. "You know if you don't have a car.. I can come and pick you up. I think I know where you live.. That sounds stalker-ish. Sorry, I'm a crazy mofo." I said. He laughed at my ways

"Surly you wouldn't want to do that... For me?" He asked.

"Of course is would, and I can drive you home too." I said. He nodded.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" He asked and i shied away, luckily we were in the school parking lot by then. "You never answered my question." He said running to catch up with me.

"What if I told you I care?" I asked him seriously. He paused and thought about it.

"What if I said I care too?" What were we doing? I know I'm being a bit too friendly but- ugh. My first period class went smoothly, getting called on every so often, solving the warm up. Perfect. Second period didn't go as smoothly. I had it with Niall and he passed me a note.

Do you ever think about me? -N

Maybe... Ask Harmony- A

I'll keep that in mind- N

" Care to share with the class?" The teacher suddenly snatched the paper from His hands, causing the whole class to snicker.

"No sir."  Niall and I said in sync. He shook his head and read it anyway.

"Do you ever think about me?" He read, I felt my whole face get hot, and I saw Niall turn a shade of red.
"Maybe, dot, dot, dot, ask Harmony" he read the next line. The whole class laughed. "I'll keep that in mind." He read, Niall and I locked eyes and gave each other a fearful look. "Care to explain... Let me restate. EXPLAIN!" He got too riled up. He was probably one of the strictest teachers.

"I- we- i-" Niall stuttered so, I helped out.

I stood up "You know what? Its really none of your business." I said to the whole class including the teacher. "So, please, can you just.. Not?" I calmed down a bit. Niall gave me a praising look, and I smiled. I took my seat, I was sure I had detention after that but I was surprised when the teacher didn't say anything.

"Hey?! A! Angel!" Niall practically screamed. He ran up to me. "Thanks for standing up to the teacher. You could've been in some deep shit." I smiled

"Nah." I simply said.

"Wanna sit at my table?" He called it his because he sat alone. Mostly because after being called a leprechaun by the jocks, nobody wanted to be seen with him. The boys liked him but, they had their girlfriends to deal with.

"I was actually gonna sit with you anyway" I said walking towards the lunch room. We got our trays and sat at his table.

"I usually wrote a few songs while I'm over here. Wanna see?" He asked holding out a blue journal. But before my hands could touch it, the book was tore out of Nialls hands.

"Give it back." Niall said fiercely.

"Aww, writing in your diary leprechaun? Need to write how mean I was? And do you finally have a friend? Shell be gone soon, as she realizes how ugly you are." A jock said. I saw the hurt in Nialls eyes.