Chapter 6

I could hear the explosions of the airstrikes behind us. I looked over at my friend.

"Dude, you know your chest is on fire," I pointed out.

Ironhide just shrugged as we ran, which made me smile. Suddenly, Sam diverted away from us towards Optimus.

"Sam!" Lennox called, but he ignored him.

Megatron appeared through the dust and took a shot at Sam, sending him flying through the air.

"Ironhide, help the others. I'm going after Megatron," I said as I broke away from the group before he could protest.

I took out my sword and stabbed him through the shoulder.

"This is for Optimus, you Mega-jerk!" I said.

"Arr! You'll pay for that!" he said as he knocked me back before transforming and fleeing.

I put my sword away and made my way to Sam, only to see that he was hurt. I took out my blasters and shot at the Cons as Lennox and the other humans tried to save Sam.

Please be okay, my friend.

After a few minutes, Sam woke up. I looked over and saw that somehow the Matrix was no longer dust.

Weird. Cool, but weird.

Sam grabbed it and stood up. He climbed onto Optimus and merged the Matrix with his spark. He hopped off as Optimus came back.

"Boy, you returned for me..." he said as he got up.

YES!

However, the Fallen appeared out of nowhere and stole the Matrix before disappearing again.

You better not die again, Optimus.

Que came over and showed him how to use a jetpack. I walked over to them. As much as I wanted to tackle Optimus in a bear hug, I knew we  had a battle to win first.

"I'm coming with you," I said.
He smiled and nodded.
"Wouldn't be fun if you didn't," he replied.

He picked me up by the waist and flew towards the pyramids. I looked down so he wouldn't see that I was blushing. When we got to the pyramid, Optimus dropped me off on Megatron. I tackled him and we tumbled down the pyramid.

"Back for more, I see. You know, we could use a warrior with your skill," he said with a smirk after we regained our footing at the base of the pyramid.

"There is no fragging way I'll ever join you and the Decepticons!" I replied, glaring at him.

"Your loss," he said as he attacked.

We fought for a few minutes before he managed to stab me in the torso. I stumbled back, but quickly got out my blaster and countered by shooting half of his face off. He fell and called for StarScream. When he arrived, they retreated. I smirked in victory as I put my blaster away. I knelt down and out my hand over the wound. I breathed heavily as exhaustion finally flooded over me now that I had a break. I looked around, but I couldn't see the Autobot leader anywhere.

"Optimus?" I asked the air.
Please be okay. I can't lose you all over again.

After a minute, Optimus came over. I relaxed when I saw that he was okay. He knelt down beside me.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm just a little exhausted is all," I replied as I looked up at him and smiled.

He smiled back and stood up. He held out his hand to help me up.

"Well if that is all then we should probably get back to the others. Wouldn't want them to worry. Plus the sooner we get through Star's lectures the better," he said.