Chapter 3

Devyn knocked on Turin's door as she opened it. "Get up, we're going to see Hiccup."

Turin looked up from his sleep groggily. He had some drool smeared on his pillow and his hair was a mess.

"Why?" He grumbled, still half asleep.

"He wanted to talk to you, and it's best not to ignore your chief. We're going to leave in about thirty minutes, so be ready by then." Devyn closed the door and left.

As she exited the room Turin sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eye. He began to get dressed, putting on black leggings, an iron belt, a red scaly tunic with crosses black straps, and polished iron shoulder pads. He strapped his gronckle iron dagger to his waist and stepped into the washroom.

Turin relieved himself then combed bed his hat and patted it down with water from a basin.

Dumaad perked up at the sight of Turin up and moving. As Turin left the room, the black stormcutter followed.

Devyn was dressed and ready, waiting for her son by the front door.

"Ready?" She asked. Turin replied with a nod and they left.

As they walked up the hill to Hiccups cabin Turin realized how much taller he was than his mom. The difference was at least five inches.

The walk was short and they arrived at Hiccups cabin quickly. Turin knocked and stepped back. The door opened seconds later.

Hiccup smiled in a friendly way. "You came."

Turin hardly restrained himself from saying, "You thought we wouldn't?"

Devyn and Turin stepped inside when Hiccup motioned for them to. They sat down around a table, leaving Toothless and Dumaad outside to play.

"What did you need, Hiccup?" Asked Devyn. She seemed excited like she already knew.

Hiccup looked at Turin. "I know how you've been missing Percy, so does Loki," he started.

Turin glowered at the mention of Loki's name but kept listening.

"I'll just say it straight forward. Loki offered to let you visit Percy. It's not fair that you have to go through so much pain. You helped save Berk and tons of its inhabitants. Loki thought it would be fair if he left you do this because you and Percy are the reason he can now stay here and be worshipped."

Turin was slightly surprised by Loki's sudden change of heart but he did his best not to let it show. However, his eyes twinkled in excitement. He sat forward.

"How soon would I get to go there?" Asked Turin.

"Well there's a few...strings attached." Hiccup said almost like he didn't hear Turin. "There's no for sure way that you can come back. I don't n is if these so called Greek Gods are able to do what our gods do. If you go you might be giving all of this up."

Turin looked at his mother. Tears were shining in her eyes but she forced a smile and nodded. Turin turned back towards Hiccup.

"Could..could I take my dragon?" He asked, fear edging his voice.

Hiccup pondered that. "It may take an extra day or so for Loki to prepare the energy for that...but I think it could work."

Turin smiled despite his obvious sadness about losing his family. "When can I go?"

"Well probably in two days time. It could have been tonight but if you want Dumaad to come it'll take longer."
Turin nodded. "See you then."