23. Flawless

I fell in love today, there aren't many words you can sayThat could ever get my mind to changeShe's enough for me, she's in love with me

That could ever get my mind to change
She's enough for me, she's in love with me

After having maths in the morning, causing Amethyst to fall asleep due to her being sleep deprived, the gang all met up in the student lounge to discuss recent events.

Amethyst sipped on her coffee, hoping that it would wake her up enough for P.E and then English.

"My mom and dad don't wanna get the police involved," Betty said, telling the group about Polly. "They don't want anyone to know she ran away, or about her shameful condition."

"Please. What decade is this?" Veronica said.

"My mother had my brother when she was in Senior year," Amethyst said.

"And since she knew where Jason's car was, they're afraid people might think that she burned it and that if she did, she could be the murderer covering her tracks," Betty said.

"Who did burn the car?" Archie asked.

"We're not sure. Sheriff Keller thinks we were being followed," Amethyst said.

"Oh, my god," Veronica mumbled. "Honestly, guys, we should just move."

"Says the girl who just recently moved here," Amethyst said with a raised eyebrow. Veronica playfully narrowed her eyes.

"Guys, what if Polly's really hurt? What if whoever killed Jason is coming after her next?" Betty asked. Amethyst wrapped an arm around the girl's shoulder to comfort her.

"Betty, even though your parents don't want to, maybe you should go to the police," Archie said.

"Seconded," Kevin said. "We can talk to my dad about how he has to be discreet."

Jughead rubbed a hand over his face. "No offence, Kev, but your dad answers to a higher authority than god. The Blossoms. They're the first people he would tell."

"And if there's anyone to keep this a secret from, it's the Blossoms," Betty said. "They'd twist it around and go after Polly out of spite."

"How can we help? Tell us, B. We'll do it," Veronica said, placing a hand on Betty's knee.

"I'll think about it, V," Betty smiled at her best friend.

The bell then went, causing the group to disperse to their next classes, which just so happened to be PE for Jughead, Amethyst and Archie.