54. Africa

It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from youThere's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever doI bless the rains down in AfricaGonna take some time to do the things we never had

There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had

It was the ultimate cliffhanger. Clifford Blossom had killed himself, but why? Life's not an Agatha Christie novel. It's a lot messier. Turns out, maple syrup was a front for his true business, transporting heroine from Montreal on his trucks. A narrative quickly emerged, that Jason Blossom had learned about dear old dad's drug running and threatened to expose the truth, which led to Jason's abduction at the hands of a South Side Serpent named Mustang. And then to Jason's murder, at the hands of his father. He would've gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for a group of pesky kids who uncovered the truth. Jason's murder had revealed some dark truths none of us were too eager to face.

Amethyst ringed her hands together as she nervously watched FP. If he told Sheriff Keller some of the names of some South Side Serpent members, than his sentence would be lessened. Which meant everything to her because Jughead's dad meant the world to Jughead.

"So, Blossom was the kingpin," Sheriff Keller told FP. "He funnelled drugs through Riverdale and shipped them out. What the mayor and I care about is the local component of Blossom's business. Someone is selling his drugs here in Riverdale, mostly in the Southside, but, started to cross the tracks recently, too."

"And you think it's the Serpents?" FP finished off.

"Who else?"

Amethyst rested her head on Jughead's shoulder as he shot daggers at the side of Sheriff Keller's head.

"So, here's the deal," he began. "You feed us names, tell me who's pushing the dope, and the mayor, the DA have a chat, maybe he'd be inclined to offer you a lesser sentence."

"The Serpents don't get into the hard stuff. It's dime-bags of weed," FP told him. "And I'm no snitch."

Sheriff Keller got off from leaning against a desk and began to walk up to FP's cell. "FP, if you don't help us and your case goes to trial, there will be no leniency. You'll be looking at twenty years in a federal penitentiary for your part in the cover-up of Jason Blossom's murder."

Jughead and Amethyst both looked at FP to see what his answer was, but he shook his head.

"I'm not telling you anyone who's associated with the Serpents, and that's all I'm going to say," FP said finally, before sitting back down on his bench.

Amethyst heaved a big sigh as her and Jughead were escorted out of the room.