47. The Climb

I may not know itBut these are the moments, thatI'm gonna remember most, yeahJust gotta keep going

I may not know it
But these are the moments, that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

The car ride to the homecoming was very short and uneventful. FP decided to drive, and Amethyst, Jughead and Betty were forced to snuggle up in the two person passenger seat. Demarcus followed behind them, considering he did own a motorbike.

Jughead got out of the car first and held the door open for Amethyst and Betty.

"You be a gentleman tonight, okay?" FP told Jughead.

Amethyst smiled at FP. "This is Jughead we're talking about, FP. Of course, he'll be on his best behaviour."

Jughead lightly rolled his eyes as Demarcus walked up to the trio. Jughead opened up his umbrella for Amethyst, and Demarcus smiled as he handed his to Betty.

"Guys, do you mind giving us just a minute?" Jughead asked.

"Na, it's alright. Just take your time," Amethyst smiled at him as she took the umbrella. "See you later, FP."

FP smiled as he waved before Jughead hopped back into the truck and Demarcus, Amethyst and Betty walked up the stairs. Amethyst stopped at the top, wanting to wait for Jughead, so the other two stopped as well.

"You two can go on. I'm just waiting for Juggy," Amethyst told them.

Betty smiled and turned to leave when Demarcus grabbed her arm. "Hey, Betty," he began. "Considering that both of us don't have dates, and I have never rocked up to a dance without a date, do you want to be my date?"

Betty's eyes widened at his question, and Amethyst smirked lightly. She knew Demarcus was being genuine with Betty and not just using her as a once off.

"Yeah, of course," Betty smiled at him.

Demarcus pulled out a corsage from his picked and clipped it around her wrist. He had planned it. Betty hooked her arm through Demarcus', and Demarcus cheekily winked at Amethyst before the two walked into the dance.

Amethyst turned back around to the truck, only to find Jughead walking up to her.

"Is everything alright?" She asked.

Jughead nodded. "Yeah, I was just talking to my dad about how he's been going," he replied.

Amethyst smiled lightly before the two walked into the dance. "After the dance, can I talk to you about something?" Jughead asked. "And it has to do with my dad."