i wanted to see you try

Nobody in this house has a sense of time. Tony told Pepper to make him a salad 38 minutes past midnight. And Pepper doesn't even know how to make a salad. But she wants to impress Tony. Tony is always doing the impressive stuff and now Pepper wants a shot at it. She's really tired but she walks into the kitchen preparing what she hopes would be a decent salad. Tony walks in and stands behind her. He gently lays his head on Pepper's shoulder. He missed this so much. Even Pepper missed it.
"Tony... I'm trying to make this salad for you."
"Pep. Forget it. I know you can't make a salad," says Tony with his head still on her shoulder.
"Wait.. You knew ? Then why did you ask me to make this goddamed salad?!" Pepper gets really annoyed when Tony pulls a stupid trick like this. But she turns around ready to burst in anger, only to see him smiling, eyes big and charming.
"I wanted to see you try. I wanted to see how far you'll go to at least try and make me happy. Making a salad might not be a huge deal but its enough for me. I really do love you."
Pepper's heart melts. She leans in to kiss Tony. He kisses back passionately. He carries her bridal style to their bedroom. Pepper giggled to herself to see Tony being so dramatic yet genuine. They were completely absorbed in their own world that night. Pepper sleeps with her head on Tony's chest. She could feel the metal of the ARC reactor but she doesn't care. She knows Tony. She knows he's the most beautiful man on this planet. She knows he's human. A human with a heart. And she knows he'll try to make her happy whenever he could.
-------------------
lame ? boring ? let me know what you think in the comments :-)