"thank you, betty cooper..."

PART 1

b e t t y ' s  P O V

I am not gonna lie, things have gotten worse when I thought solving Jason's murder case was going to make everything okay. I would be okay right now if everyone wasn't acting like they were before-- its as if Jason wasn't murdered by his own father and that Riverdale is as innocent as it was once before. And now, Jughead's dad is still in jail.

I sat on my bed, almost on the verge of crying as I relive moments earlier.

________________________________________________

F L A S H B A C K

"Hey, Betty." Veronica snapped her fingers in front of me.

"Oh, uh, yes?"

"You seem a little zoned out, B. Is uhm- everything alright?" Veronica asked with concern, but,

"I am meant to say 'Yes' but no, NOTHING is alright. Things have been exactly what they were like before Jason's murder. It's my family; they-- they've been acting so happy lately they already forgot what just happened! It's like they don't and won't accept the truth that Riverdale isn't the same, innocent town as it was before."

Jughead stroke my shoulder with one hand to comfort me and I smiled in return.

"Speaking... of the truth, I would like to say something to you, B--"

"We uh, we've kissed a couple times."

I chuckled at them for being honest. "Thank you for the honesty, V. But I'm with Jughead now," I say as I look at Jughead and I stroke his left hand with my thumb. "I would be more than happy for you both."

"Thanks," Veronica answered woth a reply.

After school hours, Archie asked if I was really fine about them getting together because the last time I got angry at them.

"I really am, Archie. Last time, I liked you but I'm with Jughead now and I've moved on."

The rest of the day did go well. Veronica hanged out at my place after class and she was given Cheryl's HBIC shirt, from Cheryl herself.

I showed Veronica the article I wrote about FP that is now published online at the Blue and Gold then my door opened, revealing Polly.

"Aw, I missed this. Gossiping, going to each other's houses, being a River Vixen; basically just going to school."

"Well, you know, Polly, you can always come back." I suggested.

"Mom won't let me."

"Even just for a day?" Veronica asked.

"Nope."

"Aw, come on! What mom doesn't know won't hurt her, right?" I smiled at her and raised my eyebrows up and down.

"Well," she nods in agreement.

j u g g y ' s  P O V

"She was literally, onto you, man. The way she looks at you? Dang." I teased Archie with the girl that I found looking at him as we enter his house.

"Shut up." I laughed at him but suddenly turned serious when a woman was at their kitchen.

"Jughead." Mr. Andrews called out. I leaned on the side as Archie and his dad speak to each other.

"Jughead needs shelter and a family..." The woman spoke.

Archie turned to his dad but I know what is going to happen. "Yeah, Dad. That's why he's staying here, right?"

"I'm afraid not, believe me, I have tried everything. I'm sorry, Jughead." Mr. Andrews turned to me and I nod in response. "It's alright, I'm fine with it." But deep down, am I really ready to leave Riverdale? Leave Archie, my friends. Sure I can cope with leaving Riverdale but... Betty.

"Jughead? What?" I smiled at Archie and nodded.

"Don't worry about Jughead. We already have found a family that we have worked with before that's ready to take him on the Southside. But of course, moving to the Southside means you'll also be transferred into another school district. Southside High."

I only nodded in response, not knowing what to say.

The night has passed and now I am at the cafeteria. I was joined by Veronica then surprisingly Cheryl gave me her 'iconic' spider brooche.

(A/n: I forgot the spelling of the brooche/brooch it's from what I remember and to lazy to search it so.😂)

"Guys, come on! Somehing bad has happened, come on!"

We rushed to the lockers and we found people crowding in front of Betty's locker. I rushed to Betty with Polly on her side and I pushed people to clear my way and as I got there Betty was almost on the verge of crying. There was a pile of paper put up that had the article Betty wrote for my father with a writing 'Go to Hell, Serpent slut'. She doesn't deserve any of this!

She was about to rip the papers off the lockers but I stopped her, "It's okay, Jughead. It's just some jerk with a spray paint."

I took both her cheeks in my hands, "I don't think that's spray paint, okay?" I hugged her and pushed people that were in our way.

We were walking down to Betty's house as I spoke.

"Betty, you shouldn't have wrote that article."

"It's just a jerk with some spray paint, Jug--"

I faced her then held both her shoulders. "That's the problem, Betty. It's not just one jerk, it's Mayor McCoy, Sheriff Keller, principal Weatherbee, the town." I started walking since its chilly, "Maybe it's really better that I go to the Southside and stay away from the town... especially from you."

This time, Betty turned me around to face her and placed both her arms at mine.

"No, don't you ever say that. You belong here, in Riverdale, with us, with you friends... with me." I smiled at the last words but it was small because I cant help but think I cause all these troubles.

"You know that, right?", with her hand stroking my left cheek felt so warm and like I was safe.

"Yeah." I answered, looking down and away from her eyes.

She tilted my head for our eyes to meet and said, "Juggie..."

"Yes." I smiled, to reassure her.

The next day, I called Betty through a phone booth as I thought "I'm sorry, Betty. But it's for the best."

__________________________

Heyyy. I knooow I promised 2 stories by this weekend but I am so sorry because I don't seem to have any... inspiration? Like I know most of the lines are from the tv series itself buuuut I don't know :(((  So, I'm really sorry.

lovelots,

Aa💕