Feelings

I woke up and immediately check my phone to see if I have any messages from Chris. There wasn't. Then I suddenly remember that he has a party to attend, but I still decided to text him.

"Good morning"

I was hoping that he would reply me, but there were no replies from him. I frowned a little. Just as I'm about to lock my phone and sleep back, I looked at the time and I was shocked that I woke up at 8 in the morning, and I got a message from Chris. My heart was filled with joy as I saw the notification. I quickly opened the message and read it.

"Good morning" he said.

"How was the party?" I asked.

"I went back and I'm at home now."

"Oh, why? I thought you would be at your best friend's party by now."

"No, I got pissed and I went back."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"I went to her house and she offered me drinks, so I drink and then she suddenly pulled me into her room and she try to take my shirt off. So I got pissed and I went back."

"Oh...your best friend likes you."

"Yeah, she confessed to me that she likes me."

Chris told me that he doesn't know what to do as this situation happened to him. I gave him my advice and a few suggestions hoping to help him out. He took my suggestions by taking a few days to think and process about what had happened. After the party he told me that he was tired and sleepy. So I said goodnight to him but I was hoping he would stay a little longer because I still want to talk to him.  Talking to Chris makes me feel happy. I really feel comfortable being with him. I could really just be myself around him.

* * * * * *

It was 6 in the evening and I was waiting for Chris to message me. I was looking at my phone from time to time checking to see if I have any messages from him.

"Good morning." he messaged.

"Good morning, did you sleep well?" I said.

"No..."

"Why? Is it because of yesterday?"

"No, I don't feel good, I feel like I'm getting sick."

"Are you okay? Do you need to see the doctor?"

"No, I'm good."

He told me he was good but I was worried about him. I was worried that he got really sick and nobody was there to look after him. So I asked him if he is feeling pain or anything.

"I think I'm having fever." he said.

"Do you have a thermometer with you?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Can you check your temperature?"

I was worried when he said he is having fever. I quickly told him to check his temperature. I was hoping he is not having high fever.

"39.5" he said.

"You're having high fever." I replied.

"Can you move?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Take a towel and wet the towel, then use the towel and wipe your body."

He did as I told him too, he took a face towel and wet it and wipe his face and body.

"I'll be taking care of you until you get better." I said

"You're going to be my nurse?" He asked.

"Yes, I will be your nurse until you get better. I will be checking on you and your temperature from time to time. Just to make sure your fever doesn't go higher."

"Sweet."

I stayed with him for the whole time, checking on him, asking if he feels better or he still feels the same or feeling weaker than before. I got really worried, then something goes through my mind "Wait, why am I doing this? What am I doing?" I took a few minutes thinking about it. My mind says not to care but my heart cares. I asked myself. "Why am I doing this? He's not my boyfriend or anything, why should I care?" I got frustrated. Frustrated asking myself why do I care. Then it strikes me. I care about Chris it's because I'm developing feelings for him. I felt something towards him, a strong attraction to him. I clear my mind, I took a deep breath, and I made it clear to myself, I am developing feelings for him.