There is no Prince

"Why should I ask her?"

"Well, she has experienced my charm."

"So?"

"So what? She would be able to tell you better about my charisma."

"I would rather take my chances with you rather than asking her about anything?"

"Eh? Why is that so?"

"I am not her biggest fan." More of an enemy if you ask me. She is a self-obsessed, clingy and ostentatious woman who is desperate to catch the attention of guys in any manner. She pretends to be sad so, someone can cheer her up with a gift. She fakes a fall so, that you can just grab her. She playfully touches you and then compliments about your biceps. She giggles in response to your any irrelevant statement. She needs your help in everything she does. You are her knight in shining armor. A shuttlecock can cause her severe pain and then, she will burst into crocodile tears. And then... never mind. You get the idea.

But, this stupid person standing in front of me is clueless. God, how can guys be so oblivious? They can't even understand meaning between the lines.

After a momentary pause, he continues. "Do you have any idea why didn't she come today?"

Ugggghhh. I wrinkle my nose in disgust at her name. "I am just glad she is not here," I mutter under my breath.

"What?"

"I have no idea. I have not been in touch with anyone," I say dryly.

"Of course, I talked to her a few months back."

"Oh, you did?" Of course, they still talk.

"Yes, she contacted me on Facebook and we planned to meet."

Great, they are together again. "Oh, okay."

"But, we couldn't meet. I was very busy at that time. It was fun talking to her. She is still the same."

"Flirty, you mean?" I blurted out.

He laughed, "Yeah, you can say that."

I do not like where this discussion is headed. Why did he have to bring her up? Is he insane? Could he not just let me peacefully have my moment with him? Why is this bloody phony girl such a bother even in her absence.

"You remember how much fun we used to have?" he says while moving around the dance floor.

Well, you and Priya used to have fun. I, meanwhile, used to mentally stab her for stealing my kindergarten best friend and teenage crush. I reply with my clenched teeth, "Yes." It is now difficult to dance.

"God! What a wonderful time it was!"

It seems like he is testing my patience. "It must have been wonderful for you. I, on the other side, was always sidelined by her whenever we sat together," I snapped. He starts shaking up with laughter.

"She was always jealous of you."

Why is this moron laughing? "I wonder why."

"Because, you were friends with the guy she liked," he winks.

"Did it even matter? That guy already accepted her proposal and was in a relationship with her," I state while looking straight into his eyes.

I feel a little change in his eyes. The humor has entirely disappeared from them.

"Well, maybe then Priya felt that the connection between me and you was something else," he says with a poker face.

"I wonder if she was the only one who felt that," I stare into his eyes.