Back up plan

"I can't believe he did this. You must be mistaken."

"I thought that too. But I asked him where he was, and he said third floor. There is no doubt it was him."

"Do you not think you should ask him directly?"

I shake my head while laying on the bed, tears running down both my eyes glaring on the ceiling above.

"I don't know what to do any more."

"I am sorry. I am the one who pushed you into this."

"Damn right you are."

"Are you upset with me?"

Was I? Was it really her fault?

"I was the one who was stupid enough to pursue this. Though you pushed me, I don't think it was entirely your fault."

"You didn't answer my question."

"No, I am not Rhia. You are a kid. You know nothing. It was my foolishness to listen to you."

"I... I just can't believe that I was wrong. I mean... this can't be possible."

"Uh-huh. I thought the same."

She stayed on the other corner of the bed, awkwardly shifting her legs again and again.

"What now?"

I take a deep breath to clear my choked throat. "I don't want to go to the office tomorrow."

She remained quiet up to a few minutes.

"You know that's not possible."

"Yeah, I know."

"So?"

"You are the one who is good with plans," I turn towards her with a small smile, "You tell me what I should do to avoid him now."

"I don't know. Give me some time. I'll think about it. Your phone is of course not an issue now." She says pointing towards my broken phone. "Are you going to get it repaired?"

"Not anytime soon."

"About his house... you can tell him that you'll be busy with me for a few days so won't be able to come for cooking classes."

"Busy doing what?"

"Say anything. Tutoring me or helping me with some project or something. Anything."

I nod in approval. "What about office?"

"How often do you come across each other?"

"Not very often. He is quite busy these days planning the farewell for the interns. Once during the lunch and once maybe after 5 p.m."