4

i hear my phone go off and honestly, i just want to chuck it across the room. i answer it though, "Hello?". All i hear is a dial tone then dead line. That was weird.

i get out of bed because it bout time for me to get up anyway. i check my phone for anything else.

Nick : good morning Linzey <3

Mia: Hey Hot Stuff, working your corner tonight ;)

Leah: Hey don't tell Megan i'm talking to you. I'm pulling a prank

Megan: LINSEY !! WHERE THE HECK IS LEAH

I laugh as i read all of my text. I love my friends. I tell Mia that i'll always work my corner for her, she's my best friend. 

I tell Leah okay and text Megan that i didn't know and i hadn't heard from her. And last but not least i text Nick good morning and ask him how he had slept.

I feel really lazy today so i'm just going to pull up my hair and wear a comfy outfit with my Adidas. I fill in my eyebrows and put on mascara. "And we are good folks." I smile at myself in the mirror and grab my schoolbag. 

I hear a honk outside so i kiss my family goodbye.

"Hey Hot stuff." Mia yells from her car and unlocks the doors. I laugh as i walk closer. "So Mia we need to talk ." She nods her head, "okay talk lady". 

I take a deep breath, " What do you think about Nick Coffman?" She looks like she's thinking and pauses to open her mouth and closes it fast then reopens, "its not that i don't like him but when it came to Suzan, she always said he cheated. BUT, i have talked to him before and he seems decent. I don't know him enough to kinda put a label if that makes sense. Why do you ask?" She looks at me for a second then back to the road. 

"I think he likes me, Bugg". 

Her eyes go wide, "Linzey Rainwater Cray, No." 

I huff, " Well why not, you said it yourself, He is decent." We pull into her school parking spot.

" He is my kind of decent baby, you deserve better." She hugs me from across the armrest. "I'm not saying he is a bad person for you but i do want you to be extra careful. Just remember what happened last time you got involved with a guy who had a reputation like his. Remember his reputation, a cheater, a slacker and a dumb Jock." 

I look at her and give her a small smile as the school bell goes off. "Thank you Bugg. Love you!!" i yell to her as i walk into the school.