2

" you should really text nick. He seems to really like you," my friend Alex says to me for the MILLIONTH time this period. I glare at her, "Alex, if I text this kid, will you finally be quiet about him? I also want you to remember, this boy has a girlfriend. And if you still haven't got that message, A GIRLFRIEND, that means a regular female companion with whom a person has a romantic or sexual relationship. In other words, i don't want to be 'the other woman'." she rolls her eyes , "so what? You need someone who is occupied so you can live your life outside of a relationship.". I look at her in disbelief, "you've got to be kidding me Al."

    The bells rings and we grab our stuff and say our goodbyes. I decide to at least think about sending a text to Nick. he seems interesting, i need to get my mind off of things even though i have a gut feeling this won't be good.

    I sit back in science class when i feel a tap on my shoulder. Did you guess who it was yet?

    "Hey beautiful, i still haven't got your text yet." i roll my eyes and turn around to speak but i was soon shut down by Mr.Moorin. "Linzey, please turn around and get out your notes to complete them." i send a glare towards Nick one more time, "Yes, Mr.Moorin.".

    Literally maybe 30 minute passes and Mr.Moorin says that we have free time. I automatically turn around and look at Nick Coffman, "You have a girlfriend, a girl that ive just so happened to have grown up around. We are almost adults and as a young adult i dont think its very mature of you to hit on a girl while you're in a relationship. So Mr.Coffman, talk to me when you just want to be friends." NIck looks at me jaw dropped, "Honestly, you really just turned me on by fussing at me but oh honey, Suzan and i are over. Didn't you hear? We broke up last w-" He's interrupted by our lunch and honestly, i'm relieved because now he's single. That means he is now available. Now, i don't have an excuse to not text him. Well crap.

    I sit down at lunch with my usual group, DeKarri, Alex, Jalyn and Frankie. I laugh as Karri gets punched in the arm by Jalyn for him touching her food. "So Len, did you ever talk to Nick?" I roll my eyes. " I might not even talk to this kid because of you, Al. Just drop it, okay?" i huff in annoyance. "Who is the boy?" Frankie asks and adds, "because you know, i'm your favorite guy and no one can replace me." i laugh and sigh, "Oh Franklin, no one can replace you in my heart." I place my hand over my chest and cross my heart, "I'm yours and only yours" i say in exaggeration. DeKarri slams his hand, "i thought you were mine. This calls for war Frankie." They both watch each other and immediately start laughing. Jalyn gets up and throws away her tray, "sorry guys, i have to cut it short today. I'M failing Calculus and my dad is riding me about it." We all nod in understanding and say our goodbyes. I turn my attention back to Frankie, "It's Nick Coffman, he just broke up with Suzan last week and now he 'likes' me. But i barely even know the kid. I have his number and he's cute n all...I dont know."

    Frankie just goes on about telling me to be careful and of course i say i will. So i take risk and i text him.

Me: Hey Nick, it's Linzey.

I get an automatic response and smile, even though i don't like the kid, every girl likes being called beautiful when it's not coming from a creep.

Nick: Hey beautiful, what are you doing?

Me: Thinking about leaving for the rest of the day and head home early. So i'm walking. Wbu?

    Well i wasn't lying, i am going home early. But it's truly because since i'm a senior, i don't have a fourth block.

Nick: I'll give you a lift, i don't have a fourth block so i'm on the way to grab lunch. Want to join me on a date ;)

Me: Sure i'll join you but it isn't a date darling. :))))

I meet him at the front of the school. I watch in awe as he pulls up in Cadillac XT5, "Nice car, how much butt kissing did you need to do for it?". He laughs and shakes his head. "Not one bit doll face, I did this all on my own." I set my bag in the backseat and get in the front seat. "Okay Mr.Coffman, i like my life so let's not end it today okay?" He smiles and grabs my hand to kiss the back of it. "I wouldn't dream of it."

    Okay for a kid i just met. I cant believe im using this term. He's really good at swooning a girl.