If You Can't Live Without Me, Why Aren't You Dead?

POV: Diana DeLuca

I woke up next to Remington. He was still asleep. He looked younger, less worried and worn by the time he had been Death. I smiled and trailed by fingers down behind his ear, letting my fingers tracing his jawline delicately. He was beautiful. I knew it then that I loved him. I knew it and I wasn't going to let that die. I wasn't going to let him die.

"Hey, good morning." He was awake. He reached around my waist and grabbed me, pulling my body to his. I giggled.

"Hi, handsome." I greeted him, leaning in and pressing my lips to his gently. He smiled into the kiss and pulled me closer to him. I ran my fingers trough his soft hair. He pulled away slowly. He looked so much younger without his dark eye makeup. He still looked absolutely gorgeous. I tapped his nose lightly, causing him to grin brightly.

"What was that for?" He asked me, smiling at me still. I shrugged before leaning forward and planting my lips on his. He held my hips before pulling me on top of him. I placed my hands on his chest, letting go of his hair.

"I don't want you to leave me." I told him softly after he broke my kiss. He frowned, his eyebrows burrowing in the middle.

"What do you mean, baby?" He asked me softly, wrapping his arms around my back as I cuddled into his chest, my head in the crook of his neck.

"I don't want you to die." I whispered, my hands finding their way back into his hair. He rubbed my back gently as he sighed.

"I have to, darling. If I don't, you'll never reach who you are meant to be." He said softly, running his hand through my hair. I shook my head.

"I want you and you alone. I don't want to be Death if it means I loose you." I told him, now clinging to him. He hugged me tighter. "I don't want you to leave me." He didn't say anything as I started to cry. I tangled my fingers further into his hair while he gripped me tighter. He kissed my face, trying to get me to stop. I couldn't stop. I was too upset. I knew he had plans to die soon. I couldn't handle it. It was too much to think that the man I was falling in love with was going to leave me.

Hours later, sometime after lunch, Awsten bolted into my room, tackling me on the bed. I screamed as Alan and Cody jumped on top of me as well, laughing.

"Guys! Cut it out!" I said through laughter as they began to tickle me. Cody's loud laugh pierced my ears as he laid on top of me with the other two boys. Eventually, they moved away from me and let me sit up.

"Come on, princess! We're going up!" Alan told me, grinning brightly. I hadn't seen him this happy. And we were already as high up as I had been.

"Up?" I asked. They nodded. Cody grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder before running behind Alan, Awsten bringing up the rear. They ran up a staircase I had no idea that existed. A door flew open and sunlight pierced our vision. I knew there was an outside courtyard, but we were on the roof. Cody set me down and I turned to face the outside world. We were hundreds of feet up. Cody and Alan ran to the edge while Awsten stayed more towards the middle.

"I'll stay here." He said, waving to the other two. I raised an eyebrow.

"Awsten is.. afraid of heights." Cody said softly. I nodded in understanding. I couldn't believe that love was afraid of heights. I walked over to the edge and looked out. There was a city in the distance, but we were surrounded by beautiful red and orange trees. It was fall. Beautiful fall. I turned around to lean against the wall.

"So, we have time to kill." Alan said, glancing at Cody. I looked to Alan in question, one eyebrow raised.

"Time to kill until what?" I asked, pushing my hair out of my face. The two just smiled at me before walking towards Awsten who had sat down at that point, legs crossed so he was in a comfortable position to watch us. The pair sat down in a circle beside him. I sat down to complete the circle.