one.

-Keith-

-Keith-

"Keith, come downstairs for breakfast!" I heard my mom yell as I jogged down the steps.

I smiled as I smelled the food she made. I strolled in the kitchen to see my mom making my little sister and I's plates. I rubbed my hands together, happy I was about to eat.

"Goodmorning Ma"

"Morning!" she smiled as I kissed her cheek before I went to the fridge to get juice. "Jasmine! come eat!"

She looked over at me and smiled hella hard as I poured the juice.

"What?" I asked laughing.

"Oh, nothing." She said. "How's it feel to be a senior in college now?"

I took a sip and shook my head, because I couldn't believe it myself.

"It's crazy.. These four years went by quick, I'm excited" I said smiling at her.

She walked passed me to go the fridge, kissing me on the cheek during the process.

"I'm proud of you, baby"

She paused and put her hand on her hip and yelled "Jasmine! Come get your breakfast!"

I heard her footsteps come from her room all the way down the steps. She walked in, eyes glued to her phone. I scrunched my face at her.

"Always on that phone." I mumbled.

She sucked her teeth and gave me the exact look that I gave her.

"Mind your business."

"What business do you even have little girl?" I responded. "You not grown."

"...Yet!" she said smiling hard as hell. "only a couple of weeks left though."

I rolled my eyes and laughed while we sat down to eat; she's hype because she's about to be 18. She not grown though, it's already bad enough I be having to fight niggas away from her. It's crazy though, I remember when Mom first bough Jas home from the hospital. I was only 6 and I never would've thought being an older brother was gonna be so hard.

My mom worked her ass off to give me and Jas anything we needed or wanted, and it was tough watching that. It would be days where it would just be me and Jas in the house while Mom worked, and I had to make sure Jas was fed, changed, all that shit. Mom would come home, exhausted and I could tell she wasn't happy with having to work day in and day out. I commend her though, she always made she sure me and Jas were good no matter what.

"What you doing today?" My mom asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"I don't know. Might hang out with the boys" I said getting up to put my dishes away.

Just as I washed my plate and put it up, my phone started buzzing in my pocket; Cameron's name popped up.

"Yo bro" I said leaning on the kitchen counter