six.

Okaaaay! I lowkey had writer's block for the longest, but I'm slowly getting out of my slump. Sorry for any errors, i'll fix them later. Let me know what yall think after reading! 😁 I really do love getting feedback, it helps me a lot actually.
-✌🏽💕

---

-Chanel-

I was slumped from everything that went on today. I was honestly so tired from work, I'm surprised I stayed up as long as I did. Keith and I were talking before I KOed. I got real comfortable and stretched out on his bed, laying my head on my chest as his arm was around my shoulder. I wanted him badly, but I couldn't because 1, I barely knew this kid, yet i'm laid up with him, and 2, Calvin was on the bed asleep so nothing was ever going to happen.

"So who do you look up to?" I said finally looking away from the tv and up at him.

"mmmm.." He said. "my mom, to be real. She's the strongest and most resilient person I know."

We sat there quiet for a moment as Lethal Weapon played across the screen.

"What about you? Who's your role model?" He asked me.

"Beyoncé," I was cut off by he instant laughter. I sat up and sucked my teeth slightly. "and what's wrong with that? Why you laughin'?"

"Cause... Girls love Beyoncé, girls love to fuck with your conscience, girls hate when niggas go missing" I rolled my eyes playfully as he started singing like Drake.

"I'm serious. She's a boss, a whole business woman. She knows that she's at the top of her game, and nobody's on the same level as her." I said before laying back down and watching the movie. "She's always ahead of the game."

That's all I really remember before falling asleep. His bed was so comfortable. I was enjoying this rest too, until my phone started vibrating in between me and Keith. It just kept going off, and it was getting annoying.

"What the..." I said sitting up, rubbing my eyes with my left hand and I grabbed my phone with the right. I was immediately taken back at what time it was. 2:15AM. "No, no, no.."

I scrolled down and saw hella missed calls and messages. I locked it and stuffed it in my pocket and started frantically tryna gather my, and Calvin's, life. I crawled off the bed and stepped on one of Calvin's toys

"Fuck," I groaned in pain while grabbing my foot. I woke up Keith in the process and he looked confused as hell.

"What's wrong?" He yawned as he sat up and sat on the edge of the bed.

"It's 2AM, I gotta get Cal back home before my mom flips." I was grabbing all his toys and throwing them in his bag. And just as I spoke of my mother, she called me.

I picked up the phone, still gathering Cal's stuff. "Hello?"

"Chanel, where the hell are you? And where is my child?"

"I'm at a friend's house, he's fine. He's sleeping." I looked around the room for anything I could've missed, with my phone pressed between my face and my shoulder as I held Cal's bag in my hand. Keith picked up a few things and put them in there. I mouthed thank you as my mom spoke.

"You know I don't like when you disappear like this. And especially this late at night."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. I was so tired, I barely heard anything she said after that. "Alright, mom." I cut her off from saying whatever she was talking about. "We're on our way back now."