Chapter One: Mate

A soft sigh was heard in the room, the blinds were open revealing the beautiful bright sky; the sun shinning brightly as the birds chirped happily. An alarm went off scarring the girl for a moment, but then relaxed as she turned her head and turned off the alarm. She rubbed her eyes and pulled off the covers and was immediately welcomed by the warm sun hitting her face.

What a beautiful day, she thought as she peered from her window to see some of her neighbors outside of their house picking up the daily newspaper, or just enjoying their morning sitting on the porch drinking their daily cup of coffee. It was a pretty nice and quiet neighborhood much for her liking but there really wasn't anymore options. She would've wanted a more private place but she was in a tight budget. She made her way to her bathroom and started her daily routine which consisted of pulling her hair in a side braid, applying makeup which was: mascara, eyeliner and lastly, brushing her teeth. She walked out and saw the time on the clock, 8:30.

"Shoot, he's gunna lose it if I don't hurry!" 

She quickly went to her closet grabbing her work clothes and went out her bedroom, walked down the steps and grabbed her keys off the kitchen counter. 

"What's the rush?" A husky voice said behind her. 

She tied her shoelaces on her black vans and looked up to see her brother standing there, yawning. His black hair was tousled showing he had just woken up, he had a pair of gray sweatpants hanging low on his hips and without bothering to wear a shirt. 

She smiled and kissed his cheek, "Heading to work, I'll see ya later, and don't make any messes when I come back!" She teased.

"No promises," he smirked as she exit the door and made her way to her red Chevy Camaro ZL1; it was a gift from her aunt before they moved.

She smiled as she slid into the leather seats, putting the keys into the ignition; hearing it rumble to life. She drove out of her driveway and started her journey to the cafe. Great. 

Once she parked her car into the parking lot, she quickly entered the cafe hearing the bell ding. She quickly went to the back and opened her locker to put away her sweater and keys, locking it and walking back out as she tied her apron.

"You're late," A voice hissed. 

She cursed mentally as she slowly turned around to see her boss, arms crossed over his chest with a scowl expression. She felt puny compared to his six foot height and not to mention his aura he has going on.

"Sorry Mr. Evans, it won't happen again. I promise," she apologized. 

He snorted as he starred down at her, he could sense her nervousness and that made him smirk. It was fun to make his workers feel nervous around him and it never got old for him, it was just too funny. He chuckled as he placed a strong hold on her shoulder, making her jump slightly but calmed down once she saw him give her a warm smile.

"Naomi, chill, I'm not going to bite your head off, but I am a little upset. You were suppose to come in at 8, don't let it happen again all right?" 

He quirked an eyebrow as he starred at her. She nodded with a smile on her face.

"Sir, yes sir," she saluted and laughed. Mr. Evans chuckled and playfully punched her in the arm. "Go help Linda with the food, we're one waitress short." 

She shook her head and walked behind the counter, saying her hellos to the cook and took the plates from him, walking out and passing the food to the customers. Linda, a small blonde girl was about five foot four, she had her blonde hair up in a messy bun, strands of her hair were hanging loosely on the side of her face and she had a thick layer of red lipstick. Naomi walked backed behind the counter, swiping the credit card in the machine and taking out the receipt, placing it in the leathered money carrier.