Chapter 30

CAN DO ME A FAVOR? Can you retweet my last tweet that says "@HayesGrier If this gets 50+ retweets will you follow me" please it would mean so much! My twitter is @loveablegriers I love you all so much. I want this follow so bad.

**Macks Pov**

Me and Taylor were in the car. I was freaking out, I didn't know where he was. He could be hurt or something. I kept on calling him, but he kept declining. I texted him.

Hayes please come home. Please I'm begging you I'm sorry for today.

I turned locked my phone and sighed. I felt a hand grasp my thigh, and I got the chills. I looked down and Taylor's hand was planted on it.

"It will be okay, I promise." He said. I smile and nodded. I don't know why, but taylor made things better. I checked my message I sent Hayes, and he read it. I started to tear up.

Hayes please just answer me.

The tears started falling. I know he didnt get that far.

"We'll find him, I promise." Taylor said.
I nodded. He put his hand on top of mine, and we drove. I smiled.

"Thank you Taylor, I owe you."

"Hell yeah you do it's 1am in the morning."

I rolled my eyes. Taylor can be down to earth, but also can be pretty stupid as fuck.

"Haha just messing with you."

We drove around until literally 2:46 am, and went home. We couldn't find hayes, and he hasn't returned our texts. I was freaking out. When we got to the door of the house I heard breaking of sticks.

"Taylor." I whispered. He stopped.

I heard it again, we both heard it this time. It was coming behind the shed. I grabbed onto Taylor's arm, and we walked back quietly and slowly. We turned the Corner and it was Hayes, he was making a fire.

"hayes?" I asked.
He turned around with wide eyes.
He ignored me.

"Taylor go inside, please." I asked. He nodded and walked away inside.

I grabbed Hayes' arm.

"Don't touch me," he said.

"What?"

He walked away.

"hayes."

"I want to be left alone,"

"hayes, please. What's going on?"

"We could have fucking caught her, Mack! You don't fucking understand. Now leave me the FUCK ALONE!"

I stumbled back. He's never got this mad at me.

"I-I'm sorry Hayes."

"The fuck you are, Mack. Now fucking leave me alone."

"I try for you, I've forgiven you way too many times. Why won't you forgive me?"

"Because my brothers fucking baby was killed by this bitch, and you ran away from it. We could have caught her. Now leave!" He screamed. I ran away inside, and started crying.

Why is he being such a dick? What did I do? Nothing. I ran away because I didn't want him to get her. Now it's my fucking fault. I ran inside on my bed and put the sheets over my head. I wanted to be left alone. I heard a knock at the door, and sat up.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Taylor." I got up from my bed, and unlocked the door. I ran back to the bed, and he followed, and sat on it.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"No."

"Is he being a cock?" He asked.

I started laughing, a little, and nodded.

He rubbed my back, until I fell asleep.

**The morning**

I woke up, to the sun hitting my face. The bed was empty, and I remembered. Hayes was pissed at me last night. I rolled my eyes, and got up. I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I washed my face, and hair. I put my hair in a topknot, I didn't want to do anything today. I slipped on a nike t-shirt, and gray sweatpants. I walked out, and everyone was eating lunch. Wait what? I looked at the clock and it was 1:47. I was surprised is slept that long. Hayes was eating with everyone too. I grabbed a plate collecting "good after noons" and stuff like that. I took my plate to the porch, and sat in the chair. I started eating, and enjoying the warm air. I heard someone walk out. I turned and it was Hayes. I looked away, and continued eating. He sat in the chair next to mine, and grabbed my hand. I pulled away slowly, and he sighed.

"I'm sorry."

I ignored him.

"Mack,"

I turned to him. Damn, how could I be mad at that? But I knew I can't just forgive him. I didn't even realize I was crying, but I guess I was. I felt a thumb under my eye, wiping it away. I set the plate on the ground,

"I cant do this!" I screamed.

"Do what?" He asked.

"I can't just pretend like none of this happened. Like what happened with Lexi was just a dream, because it wasn't. I can't just wish this away, Hayes, and now I don't know what to do. Did you see what happened last night? How you treated me? Hayes I can't just pretend like that didn't happen, because it did!"

I tried to walked away, but he pulled me onto his lap, and kissed me.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.