Chapter 1: Reunion

Rey awoke to bright sunlight filtering in through the large window in her bedroom. She rolled in her bed as she stretched her sore limbs. Luke had been making her practice lightsaber dueling a lot lately. Admittedly, Rey had been disappointed when he'd had her use a different lightsaber than his own, but she hadn't said so. After all, the blue one belonged rightfully to him.

Rey ate breakfast in the large, open kitchen alone, savoring the taste of her spiced porridge she ate most mornings. It was so much more flavorful than the instant-food packs she'd had to eat for years on Jakku. Rey also did not take for granted the variety of foods she now got to choose from.

Rey heard Luke entering the kitchen just as she was finishing her breakfast. "Good morning," he greeted, making himself a cup of tea. "Today is the day."

"Yes!" She exclaimed, smiling brightly. "I've missed everyone so much."

"I know you have. I only wish they could visit you more often. But you must remember that you're here for your own safety," Luke said. "In time, we'll be able to leave here."

Leia had suggested that Luke and Rey stay on a reclusive planet while she work on her training, in the case that the First Order or another opposing force decided to come looking for them.

"Yes, I know," Rey said. I'll bet you can't wait to see your sister." Rey's smile slowly faded as she watched Luke's expression grow somber.

"I...I just wish there was something I could do to make her...happier," he said, looking thoughtfully down into his mug. "But perhaps she'll just never be the same again," he said quietly. Rey got up from her chair and placed her hand on Luke's shoulder. He smiled weakly at her, his age evident in the wrinkles that lined his face.

"Perhaps not, but I'm sure that seeing you will bring her great happiness," Rey said reassuringly.

"I for one will be most pleased to see the Princess once again," C3PO said as he entered the room. R2D2 beeped in agreement as he followed in behind him.

Just then, a rumbling was heard from outside of the house. "Looks like they're here early," Luke said, looking up from his tea.

Rey ran outside of the small house amid the rumblings sounds of the space shuttle descending down to the private landing strip near the house, the thick line of trees surrounding around the area swaying and shuddering in protest.

Rey waited on the edge of the small tarmac eagerly, unable to control her wide smile as the spacecraft's hatch door began to open. Luke came and stood next to her, placing his hand upon her shoulder as they stood waiting. They watched as Leia, Poe, then Finn, followed by a few other members of the Order of Organa stepped down onto the smooth gravel.

Rey couldn't contain her excitement and gasped as Poe's small orange and white droid rolled down the edge of the pavement onto the grass, heading directly towards her. "BB-8!" She exclaimed, crouching down to rest a hand upon the chirping robot.

Rey stood back up and was taken aback as she was immediately consumed by a giant bear hug from Finn. "It's good to see you too!" She laughed.

Finn held her at arm's length and smiled brightly. "I've missed you, Scavenger," he said. "How are you? How's the training been going?"

"Good! How's your training been going?" She asked.

Poe suddenly came up behind Finn playfully shoved him out of the way before he had a chance to reply. "Aw, c'mon, we know who she really missed," Poe said, embracing her tightly. He raised his eyebrows as they stepped back from one another. "You look good, Rey," he said. "You may just be the prettiest Jedi I've ever seen," he added. Rey blushed, but mostly because he had called her a Jedi, the title she aspired to one day earn.