disconnect [2]

It was the kind of smile that should have been accompanied by an "I love you", maybe a kiss. Instead, it was throw lazily across the crowd, and the wink that followed it left Lui's head whirling.

-

"You think she was a saint!" His chest was heaving as he yelled. "You remember Sydney like she was focking perfect, Evan, and that's not true!"

"She was damn close!" He was yelling right back, crowding Brian up against the wall, finger jabbing accusingly towards him.

"She wasn't coming back to make up with you!" It made Evan's eyes narrow, and he opened his mouth but Brian didn't let him start again. "The day she died, she came back -" He sighed, the anger draining from his voice. "She came back to break up with you. She wanted to take her stuff and leave. I'm sorry, Evan."

"Wh-what do you mean?" His eyes were blurry, head pounding as he tried to focus on Brian.

"She was leaving, Ev. She didn't mean for that to happen - neither did you, none of us did." His friend was still reeling, backing away as though stumbling. "It wasn't your fault."

"Her death?" he asked bitterly. "You're wrong. If I hadn't tried to stop her - tried to chase after her..."

-

"Oh, for god's sake! What has gotten into you lately? Why is it so hard for you to just tell me what you honestly think?" His voice was sharp - harsh and ringing in the otherwise silent room.

"Honestly?" Tyler felt deflated, head hanging low. "I just want to go get pizza or something. I hate fighting with you, I want to have junk food and cuddle on the couch."

Scott closed his eyes briefly. "We can't just let this hang over us, Ty."

"I know." Throat tight, hands pulling at the hem of his jacket, end of his sleeve.

He sighed, running his hand slowly through his hair before he crowded Tyler's space, pressing his body up against him like he needed to realign himself. Ty kept his head low, drooping into Scotty's neck, and Scott kissed softly at the pale skin on his neck, bent as he was, like a wilting flower.

"Come over to the couch, baby," Scott sighed. He led him carefully, step by step, and let Tyler curl up in his lap, hot breath trailing across his stomach.

Scott could've sworn his eyes fluttered closed once, and as his hand dropped to twist his hair around his fingers, he knew the pizza was not happening tonight.

word count: 422

I swear things are happening behind the scenes.

on a different note, delimoo is my favorite ship please rec me fics