four

Seokjin got a call from his office for some urgent ‘something’ he didn’t bother to tell Iseul because he was in a hurry that day. So Iseul went home alone.

“Noona!” Jungkook jerked up, nervous-stricken.

Iseul patted his shoulder and smiled, “Your brother left before getting here. You should be grateful.”

Jungkook sighed in relief then turned his back to walk inside. “I brought my friends, Taehyung and Jimin.” He said and gestured a hand towards them.

Iseul recognized them from before and nodded, “Do you guys need anything else?” she asked and waited for them to respond.

“Cold drink for me please!” Jimin shouted.

“Anything is fine. Uh, sweets?” Taehyung inquired.

Jungkook hissed at them and mumbled something like, “shame on you!” and Iseul shrugged it off, chuckling.

When she got back, the two boys devour the snacks she prepared and even offered more from the kitchen if they want. Jungkook stopped her, but she did not.

“It’s still early for you to come home from school, what happened?” she asked when the two left for more snacks.

Iseul thought this would be the time she will ask Jungkook, and hopefully the boy would answer her.

“Uh…” Jungkook hesitated and played with his fingers. “Bullies.” He whispered.

Iseul frowned, “Bullies you say?” and Jungkook nodded.

“Who bullies whom?” she asked.

“I’m not bullied, I just saved someone who was getting bullied and it so happens that she’s a girl and that the one who did the bully likes her, thus the bullying, and she doesn’t.” he explained.

Iseul grinned. “Tell me, do you like this girl?”

Jungkook gave her a look. “What makes you say that noona?”

Iseul, getting excited, scooted closer and whispered on his ear. “You are obvious.”

Jungkook pulled back harshly, after feeling her breath on his ear tickles, “Noona!” Iseul just laughed and ruffled his hair. “Come on.” She urged.

Jungkook fell silent for a moment before nodding, almost unnoticeable. “What do you want me to do, Jungkook-ah?” she looked at him. “Can I be of help?”

“I—uh…” he fiddled once again.

“Noona, Jungkook don’t know how to talk with the girl.” Jimin butted in, with his mouth full.

Taehyung followed behind, “Every time he rescues her, he escapes the scene right after and flees away.”

The subject of their topic, glared at the two menaces, while Iseul wasn’t looking at him. Jungkook facepalmed when Iseul turned her gaze at him, teasing.

“Yah, Jeon Jungkook, do you want noona to teach you how to talk with girls?”

“Noona can you stop?” his words were muffled from his hands, but enough for Iseul to knew he was embarrassed.

“Oh yea, it’s a guy thing. Your hyung, do you need his help?”

“Yes he do!” the two menaces chorused. “Jungkook once said he will ask his hyung one time.” Taehyung admitted.