2

My eyes flicker open and shut close again, the bright light above glares in my eye.

"Elena?"Damon whispers.
"mmm"I mumble I can barely talk.
"You hit your head pretty bad." He says softly as he walks close.

All I hear are the softest steps getting closer, suddenly my bed sinks down to the left a bit.

"Nothing major happened, your going to be ok." Damon says reassuringly.

"Can you open your eyes?"He asks.

I feel very weak but attempt to do it, I open them the slightest bit, but shut them tightly squinting my eyes.

"The light." I say softly.

The bed pops back up and I hear a small click.

I squint my eyes opening them, my vision blurry. My eyes adjust and I look for Damon, no where to be seen.

"Damon?" I whisper.
"I'm out here, I have something for you." He replies.

Damon walks into the room with a very decorated box. I raise one eyebrow in confusion, what could it be?

Stepping closer he hands me the box, I reach out for it and place it on my lap.

"While you were out I went back and got you this. We were all meant to give you it together, well what was left of us. But now your awake early and everyone else has left town and Stefan is well..." I see he is lost for words.

"Mr Salvatore."His head lifts up, and a slight grin slides across his face.

"I love you."The three simple words I've been wanting to say, since our last dance.

"I love you, Elena." He leans in and kisses me softly.

"I have to plan something, but please enjoy. I think you will, please don't miss me to much." He smiles and kisses me on the forehead as he walks away.

"I will." I mumble to myself.

With curiosity I rip of the washy tape and open the the box. But of course the diaries!

Reaching inside I pull out a brown leather diary. Unraveling it I turn a blank page and begin to read.

"Dear Elena, it has only been 3 days since we parted, but I have high hopes for when you will return. I'm not sure how long it will be before you read this, but one thing I can say for sure is things are looking pretty boring around here. Damon has refused to write but I bet he will give in soon, Alaric, Bonnie and Damon are off somewhere doing something in wherever they are. Meanwhile I'm still trying to decide what to do with my feelings, Caroline and all. If only you were here to tell me, after all you were always the best at relationships -xx Stefan."

I run my hand over his perfectly cursive handwriting, why couldn't he be here it's not fair!

I inhale deeply, I want to continue but I feel as if I might collapse again, him not being here hurts.

I look around for a phone, on a chair next to the door is a bag that I'm guessing is for me.
I step out of bed and grab the bag hopping straight back in, my toes are freezing!

I dig through the bag and find a cellphone, my cellphone.

I have no idea how long they have kept this stuff, I still have no idea what the date is or anything.

I try to unlock my phone, but of course I have forgot the password.

After what felt like ages, getting locked out of my phone and having a little whine, I finally figure out the code.

I put it in and thankfully it works, I have no clue how I remembered that but I did.

Scrolling through contacts I look for Damon,I click on it and try calling him.

----
"Elena?" He asks.

"Im bored and really tired."I respond.

"Have you read them?" He asks
"I tried but I found Stefan's.." I say.

"Are you ok?.." He asks.

"Yeah, but I could use some company." I say.

"Ok, I'll be right over." Damon says.

"Thank you, my love haha." I giggle.

"What's so funny?" He asks.
"My love." I giggle again.

"What am I gonna do with you?" He says giggling. I imagine his cute smile.

"Hurry, I'm very bored, you cannot leave your girlfriends waiting. That is most definitely ILLEGAL!" I shout.

"COMING!" He giggles back.
----

I hang up the phone and stare at the roof. A huge slime crosses my face and I suddenly yawn.

I lay my head back on my pillow and grasp Stefan's journal tightly and fall back to sleep.
*
*

I feel a hand on my waist as it shakes me softly.

"Elena." A soft whisper.
"Mmmm..." I say softly.

Turning over to see Damon leaning over me from the corner of the bed.

I suddenly jump up and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Missed me, huh?" Damon giggles
"Mmmm..." All I could get out still being tired.
"So what have you been doing for the past 6 hours?" He asks.

Realising I have slept that long
"Mmmmm.." All I could respond.
The sweet smell of his cologne, I missed this. I missed him.

I start making sniffing noises and hugging him tighter.

"Do I really smell that good?!"He giggles.
"Mmmmmm.." All I can respond.

I go to lay back down pulling Damon with me. I roll over onto the right and Damon's left arm pulling me in tightly. We both drift off to sleep.
*
*
I wake up to a sweet smell, PANCAKES!

"Rise and shine sleep head!" Damon yells.

I sit up and a stack of 3 pancakes is placed on my lap. But something's missing.

"You didn't think I would forget, did you?" He asks sarcastically.

He pulls out a can of whipped cream and puts two fangs right under the blueberries.

I look up at him and we both smile, Damon begins to giggle. I stare at his lips as they form a huge grin as he is giggling.

Surprising him, I quickly shift the pancakes over, jump on to my knees and kiss him with full force.

His eyes widen in shock but eventually he kisses back. I fall back and sit down putting my blanket and pancakes back onto me.

"You can't tease me like that, it's very rude!" He giggles.

I just ignore him, still not talking and begin to eat. Out of the corner of my eye I see him do that same crooked smile, as he turns for a chair and starts laughing.

"So your just gonna ignore me now?"
He waits for my response, but nothing.

He turns his head towards the door and I bolt for it.

I jump out of bed and onto his lap, kissing him on the lips again.

Again in shock his eyes widen, eventually he kisses me back but this time I stay.

I just sit in his lap as he hugs me and repeatedly puts his fingers through my hair. Stoking my head, I feel calm, safe and for the first time in awhile happy.