5

"So, how was the hospital life?" Damon asked, with a very annoying smirk on his face.

"Was knocked out for most of the time, so I didn't notice much." I gave back a weird glare.

"What's with the smile?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"I'm happy." He says softly, now a big grin.

"Me too."

We both look at each other for a few seconds, both getting lost in each others eyes. Damon eventually turning back to the road.

"So where you taking me?" I ask, noticing we are going in the opposite direction to the boarding house.

"You'll see." He giggles back.
:
Arriving at a gravel road in the middle of no where, just surrounded by really pretty trees and flowers. I soon realise where we are, once I see the spot we kissed in the rain.

"Why are we here?" I smile.

"Just keep walking!" He laughs.

Grabbing my hand he leads me to the exact spot we kissed.

"I forgot how pretty it was here." I say looking around.

"Me too." He says looking intensively into my eyes.

"So why we here?" I ask curiously.

"Elena." Damon says putting his hands around my face.

"Yes?"

"You make me the happiest man alive, you know that right?"

"Of course, as do you for me."

"This is where I promised you forever. And forever it will be." He says kneeling down.

"Damon... I.." Stopping because of my now stream of tears.

"Elena, without you I am nothing. Without you, I was a monster. Not just to others, but myself also. You helped me find myself when I was most lost. You did what others can't do, you made me sane, you made me whole. You drove me mad and crazy when I couldn't be with you, but also when I was with you. You managed to convince me that driving you and me into a building was a good idea. You make me... me." Reaching into his leather jacket pocket pulling out a silver banded diamond ring.

"Will you marry me?" He asks.

"Yes!" I instantly yell.

Damon puts the ring  my finger and I instantly pull him up to me and kiss him. This is it, the beginning of our future.

"Shall we celebrate?" Damon asks.

"Depends, what do you have in mind?" I giggle.

"Eggplant of course!" Throwing his hands around in the air.

"Sure... but.."

"But what?" I get cut off.

"I love you, Damon." Wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I love YOU, Elena." Kissing me on the forehead.

We leave following the trail back to the car.