Chapter 7: Ouran's New Hosts

"All right, today you all are hosts, not guests. You must act like hosts and treat the ladies with respect and give them your full attention." Tamaki declared to the new hosts.

Nikki and Tohru exchanged looks. Eventually, Nikki commented, "Well, we can't 'entertain' your lady friends. That'll just look weird."

"She's got a point, boss," Kaoru said while his twin brother nodded in agreement.

Tamaki placed his index finger and thumb on his chin. His thumb gently stroke the tip of his chin in deep thought. "Hmm, that is true." The blonde continued to ponder. Finally, a brilliant idea popped in his mind. "How about we ask some of the men in this school to come! Wouldn't that be amazing? Sure, they aren't that fun to be around than women, but it'll give you two the chance to converse with new people."

Nikki's eyes widened at Tamaki's idea. "What? I would never do such a thing! If you haven't noticed, I already have a boyfriend. You can't force me to hook up with some other guy for the rest of the day."

"Nonsense," Tamaki proposed. "You'll be surrounded by multiple men."

An irk mark appeared on Nikki's forehead while her brown cat ears perked up. "That's even worse!"

"Don't worry, Nikki-Chan," the little blonde boy, Honey, reassured. "How about you have Usa-Chan for the day? He'll make you feel better and make you look more cute~"

However, the irk mark on her head enlarged. "Please take me back to Kaibara right now..."

Kyo walked over to Nikki and ruffled her hair. "Hey, its fine. How bad could the men here possibly be? The ones at Kaibara are perverted dumbasses."

"Kyo, open your eyes for once. We stumbled upon six perverts in one day..." Nikki claimed.

"Oh, right. There must be more of them here..." Kyo thought aloud.

An offended Tamaki stormed over to Kyo. "I can assure you that we are not perverts. We are simply entertaining young ladies."

"Well, it sounds like it to me," Kyo spat back. He then looked back down at the brunette. "Listen, I'll try to keep an eye on you the best I can. Come find me if any one of them harms you in any way. I'll beat them to a pulp."

Before Nikki could reply, Kyoya pressed his glasses up against his nose with his index finger, causing a white light to reflect off of them. "They're here."

"All right, everybody get ready! Kyo, Yuki, go with Kyoya so he can tell you two what to do. Nikki, Tohru, you ladies will follow me!" Tamaki shouted.

As the remaining hosts scattered throughout the room waiting for their guests to arrive, Yuki and Tohru separated and followed either Kyoya or Tamaki. Kyo and Nikki, however, stood still for a few moments.

"Hopefully this torture will end soon. I can't stand being around strangers, especially girls. They can be unpredictable. From what I noticed, the ones here are very clingy. If either Yuki or I aren't careful, our secret could be exposed." Kyo muttered just loud enough for Nikki to hear.

"True...I should be cautious with these men. Plus—"

"I know, I know," Kyo interrupted. "You're very uncomfortable around men that you don't know. I promise nothing will happen. Like I said before, come to me if anything happens."

Nikki nodded in return, not bothering to reply with words. Kyo stroked the brunette's hair gently as a sign of farewell. But before Kyo could manage to get five steps away from her, Nikki reached out and grabbed Kyo's left hand, causing him to flinch.

"Be careful," Nikki said without showing any eye contact. "It would be bad if anyone found out."

"I could say the same for you," Kyo murmured, hoping that Nikki wouldn't hear. Unfortunately, she did.