Chapter 17

The nasty sensation in my throat irritated me every time I took a small sip of the bitter beer sitting in the red plastic cup that was currently in my hand. I lay against a nearby wall, averting my eyes around the living room, observing the kids of Hartwell grind against each other on Zac's makeshift dance floor. 

I laughed to myself, glancing around at the piss drunk people stumbling all over the house, some almost falling down the flight of stairs leading up to the second floor. It amused me how the people who refused to touch alcohol, acted overly dramatic when they acted somewhat "drunk", just to appear like everyone else. 

For being here for only 15 minutes, this party didn't seem all that bad, even though within those few minutes, I seemed to lose Lillian and Colton in the crowd.

"Hey!" An all too familiar voice called out from behind me.

Turning around, I broke out into a smile, "Hey look, it's my guide on how to do a body shot."

Parker smirked at my sarcasm, "See, I knew you were looking forward to it."

I nudged him, taking a tiny sip from my cup, wincing once again.

"First time right?"

I nodded, "Is it that obvious?"

He chuckled, taking a sip out of his own cup, "Just a bit. Why don't you just relax, don't be so uptight about everything."

I gave him a cold look, "I am not uptight about everything, I just don't want to end up like that."

I gestured towards a girl that was currently stripping off her top, whilst standing on the top of the dining table, grabbing onto the chandelier on the ceiling, trying to maintain her balance.

Parker slung an arm around my shoulder, leading us away from the overcrowded room, "Well then stick with me kid, and you'll be fine."

We entered a hallway, a few people lingering by the walls engaging in conversations with each other. He led us into a room that resembled a sports bar of some sort. This room was bigger than my own bedroom. Inside was a pool table, currently occupied by a few guys. On the left was a ping-pong table, where, yes you guessed it, a group of people were playing beer pong. There were two couches, one L shaped, and the other was just a regular sofa, both were placed in front of a big flat screen. Although, what intrigued me the most was the wooden bar that was in the far right corner of the room. There was a big crowd of people surrounding it chanting peculiar things.

I followed Parker as he plopped down on one of the couches. I was surprised that there were no overly affectionate couple making out on it, but I guess that was what closets were for.

"So, did Jayce ever mention his ridiculous idea of you and I together again?" I asked curiously.

He grinned casually, "Why? You want to make this crazy idea of his come true?"

I shook my head, "Since when did you become such a flirt, huh?"

"Sorry, I get flirtatious when I drink," He downed the rest of the liquid in his cup, placing it on the coffee table.

I giggled, "I didn't even realize that you were drunk."

He winked at me, "I'm just getting started sweetheart."

He got up, and walked off to the bar, probably going to get another drink.

Throughout the whole period of time that he was gone, I kept taking small sips from my red plastic cup. I was getting used to the taste of beer, and before I knew it, small sips turned into full on downing the entire drink. Finishing my first ever cup of beer, I set it down, not feeling at all hazed by the alcohol.