Chapter Three

(SLIGHT GORE WARNING LATER ON)

  He went behind me and nudged my back, telling me to move.

  I stood up and he ran ahead of me, going into the forest. I ran after him, breaking sticks, and trampling grasses and small shrubs as I went.

  Soon I lost sight of him and stood alone in a clearing. It was getting dark.

  "Palette?!" I yelled into the woods. I heard foot steps getting closer, but it was too dark to see what it was. The foot steps got closer. I tried to make my eyes adjust to the darkness, but they wouldn't​.

  Fear overtook my body. I was frozen, unable to move my legs. I stared into the darkness, my legs trembling. I saw piercing red glowing eyes creep towards me.

  Whatever those eyes belonged to came into the clearing. My breath hitched. But little did I know, Palette was watching everything from a nearby tree.

  The animal turned out to be another wolf. He stayed low to the ground and crept closer. He suddenly stopped, readying himself to pounce. I still couldn't move.

  The wolf jumped into the air towards me. But it was knocked out of the air by Palette. They rolled further into the clearing, and stood up quickly, circling me, growling.

  The wolves stopped circling, and stared at one another, growling. They approached each other, staying low to the ground.

  Palette was the first to attack. He lunged at the other, and bit into his neck. He let out a howl of pain, and tried to bite Palette. They rolled on the ground biting and scratching each other. I stood there watching the fight, still frozen in fear.

  Palette pinned the other wolf to a tree and bit into the other wolfs neck. It let out another cry, then went limp. Palette dropped the body on the ground.

  He tore open its stomach and started to rip out its intestines and organs, blood splattering everywhere. I started to feel sick as I watched this happen. He then ripped off the wolfs head and pounced on it, breaking the skull, splattering more blood onto the grass and himself.

  I started to feel nauseous, so I turned away. I could still hear the sound of Palette ripping the other wolf apart.

  I dared to look behind me, just to see the mangled corpse of the wolf. Palette sat there, blood splattered on his face and clothes. He looked pleased in what he did.

  He padded over to me holding something in his mouth. He dropped it in front of me, and sat next to it. I looked down at it.

  It was the other wolfs heart.
I couldn't take it anymore. I threw up onto the ground. Palette watched in slight confusion.

  After I was done, I turned to Palette. He watched me with complete interest, like I was a different creature than I was before. He panted slightly, a few cuts bleeding from the fight.

  "Palette, you should get cleaned up..." I said.

  He growled in disagreement.

  "Palette please. You're covered in blood."

  He just kinda smiled to himself, then ran back into the woods. I had no other choice but to follow,
in fear of another wolf attacking me.