Chapter Two

I looked at my hand and it was bleeding. It bit me...

  I could see the thing curl up under the blanket. So I lifted the edge with my uninjured hand. I looked under, just to see two glowing, star shaped eyes staring at me. I stared back.

  "Palette?" I asked. It just whimpered in response.

  Is this Palette? No, it can't be. I just saw him the other day and he was perfectly normal. How did this happen? How?!

  Random possibilities came into my mind like; Maybe it's like what happened in that story I read when I was little or; Maybe this isn't even him.

  Even though I thought some of these scenarios could have been true, none of them were helping me figure out why he was like this.

  "Palette is that you?" It whimpered again.

  I was getting tired of waiting in anticipation for him to answer me. I quickly pulled off the blanket, and threw it on the floor. When I then looked back at the bed hoping to see my 'friend' laying there, nothing was there. Had I been imagining it the whole time? I don't know. But whatever it was, was gone now.

  I sighed and walked out of the room. Great. Now I can't go home and my only friend is gone. I had nowhere else to go, so I decided I could go to the inn that was close to here. Just to sleep tonight.

  I exited Palettes house trying to forget what happened. I couldn't tell if I had imagine it, or if was actually him.

  I walked down the road to the inn. There was some rustling in a nearby bush, but I didn't really pay attention to it because there was forests on both sides of the road. So I just ignored it and continue walking.

   Suddenly it went very quiet, everything seemed to have stopped. The only thing I heard was more rustling, but it was much closer than before, and kept getting closer.

  I turned to run but it pinned me to the ground. Small growls and barks came from the animal. I covered my head, afraid that it was going to hurt me. But it didn't. It licked the side of my skull making me shudder.

  The dog/wolf eventually got off of me and I turned to lay on my back. I looked at what had attacked me, and what I saw make my stomach turn.

  It was Palette but he looked like a wolf. He had sharp teeth, fur on his arms, legs, ears and neck,  along with a tail that moved side to side.

  "Palette?" I asked.

  His ears perked up when I said this, and he sat in front of me. I reached out toward him and he pushed his head against it. He's a lot nicer when he's like this.

  I started rubbing his ears, and he seemed to like it. I did this until he pushed my hand away with his head. He went behind me and nudged my back, telling me to move.