Chapter 2: Shocks me to death.

"Good afternoon viewers, I'm Jelou Ghee, here to give you the latest about local celebrities here in StarCrunch! So last night, our showbiz insiders surpringsly caught the presence of a very famous person," 

   The other host with a red polo and wavy hair replied, "Oh really? How famous?"

   It's a Saturday afternoon, Jesa is inside Kath's house to watch television and munch, as always.

   On the floor are scattered bags of tortilla chips, Pringles, mixed nuts, and of course- muffins. The room is air-conditioned; other people in Kath's house are sleeping; every thing's going on just right until--

   "He isn't a celebrity, nor a model. Can you believe... someone like President Dominador Aguirre's son?"

   The sound of shock in the audience blasts. The other reporter looks at Jelou deeply as if asking if she was kidding.

   "Yes, this is quite a real rare happening. It's so rare, that it's just the 2nd time of all the reporters in our country to spot Mr. First Son Lorenzo Aguirre in public during the 2nd year of his father's term. He's such a good hider."

   "Oh my gosh! Where was he spotted?"

   "That has been tickling the people's minds since last night. He was actually spotted in Qwerty Cheese. We are not underestimating here, but the First Sons before used to go in places so fancy. They can't even go to 4-star restaurants with their dates. What do you think, Choy? "

   "Well, I guess it's quite alright. Mr. Lorenzo is humble naman eh. (anyway.)"

   "So let's watch this." Jelou and her co-reporter turn to the huge, flat screen television.

   Kath and Jesa's jaws drop. It was the "boy wearing a white polo" last night.

   "Sir, why did you choose Qwerty Cheese for having a date instead of five-star restaurants?"

    "Sir, can we know who's this lovely girl you're dating?"

   "Sir, is she your girlfriend?"

   "Um, we're in a rush, we're quite starving. I'll let you know soon." 

   The horrifying comotion of Pancho shows on t.v., Kath and Jesa's faces are being viewed...

   Uh, oh, I think I now what's next... Jesa chills with nervousness, getting a chocolate muffin.

   The kiss of Enzo and Jesa shows on t.v., the camera was cut.

   "Heeeeeeeeey! That's not fair. They didn't even include the part where we said sorry to each other!!! People might think I liked it!! Eww!!!! Now my image is ruined! Waaaaaa. Showbiz people!", Jesa buries her nervous + humliated + mad + sad face in fluffy pink pillow.

   "Cheers for this freakin' weekend my Jesa babes! You finally got your fairy tale! I'm so happy for you," Kath eats the last tortilla chip.

   Jesa raises her head, "Kath, you have got to be kidding me. Fairy tales start with accidental meet-ups.."

    "That's exactly what happened."

   "No, you don't get it, the lead characters become acquiantances, friends then lovers. I've already kissed the guy... even if it was just an accident. Besides, it's too complicated, don't you even worry what the people will think of me now? I've had so much in my life of those judgements. Another thing to keep in mind.. he's the First Son."

   "Jesa, you don't have to depend your life on those tales. You have your OWN. You have the pen, go write what you want, go write for your best, not get ideas from someone else's book."

   "So you're really actually voting for that guy for me?" Jesa takes the last bite of her chocolate muffin topped with sprinkles.

   "I have my instincts, Jesa. You'll see."

   "Hey, that's my line, you crazy chick! When exactly did you learn how to have your instincts?!" Jesa puts icing on Kath's skin.

   "Now you're feeling what it's like to be copied." Kath sticks out her tongue.

~♥~

   It's another Monday morning. Jesa is supposed to attend classes but since it's their semestral break, she decided to go to work instead. At least she'll make the morning productive instead of slacking.

Jesa's riding a jeepney. An old man then gets inside the vehicle and starts to smoke beside her. She gets piqued by the smell and decides to leave the jeep as soon as possible. The salon's almost there, anyway. She says "para" (stop) and the driver halted.

   Cling. 

   "Jesalia! Artista ka na pala. 'Di mo sinasabi sa akin! (Why didn't you tell me that you're already a celebrity?)" uttered Katrice, the nail artist of Dream Aisle Salon. 

   "Psst, Katy." Veronica gives Katrice an evil look. They are encouraged to speak English every time during working hours. The owner of Dream Aisle who's Veronica's mom, Vilma Dela Rosa, aims to make her salon inviting to celebrities & um.. foreigners.

   "Sorry ma'am," while Katy styles the First Customer of the Morning's nails.

   Jesa goes to Katy and asks, "You've watched StarCrunch, didn't you?"

   "Of course, Miss Jessy. What's up with the kiss?" Katy giggles.

   "Yeah Jesa, what's up with that? What a fearless girl you are.." Veronica butts in the coversation.

   "Honestly, it was really just an accident. We said sorry afterwards but I don't know why the reporters didn't include that on tape.." Jesalia goes to the staff's room.

   "But you know what Jesa," Tomato, a co-hairstylist, says. "People have been talking a lot 'bout you. Imagine, you kissed the son of Mr. President Aguirre!"

   "I didn't know but I expected that." Jesa, while fixing her hair and changing to her work uniform.

Silence.

   "Oh come on, Jesa, you must have been happy. You're going to be famous now." Veronica, with her evil grin.

   Jesa, finally in her uniform, "Veronica, I didn't want it to happen. It was just an accident and I'm not happy that people will start to talk about me. I don't even know that guy."

   After some minutes...

   "Oh, we have some couple of visitors," said Veronica, opening the door.

   The staff gasps, Jesalia starts to get perspiring.

   "Hello everybody! I'm Veronica, the manager of this salon, Dream Aisle." She welcomes the media with their microphones, videocams, recorders and.. First Son Lorenzo Aguirre?

   Lorenzo enters the room, ignores every one and every thing, except--

   "Hello, Jesalia. We meet again."

--

Author's Note:

Is it too short? :)) NYEHEHE. :-j I need readers to be motivated! =))

Thank you. ♥