Chapter 3: Addled by you.

Author's Note:

To those who don't understand Filipino, the word "ate" is used to refer to an older sister. While "kuya" refers to an older brother. Both words are also used not only to call older siblings but are also used to show respect to other older people. ^^

~♥~

      "Jesa, are you done with those dishes?" says Jesalia's mom, Demetria, while cleaning up the dinner table. Jesa's little sister, Patricia, is still making a smiley face on her plate.

      "I'm only waiting for Pat's," little sister gives the plate. "Thanks."

      "Ate, mumsy said that you and kuya Lorenzo look good together. Ayieee!" Pat, arranging the chairs.

     Jesalia looks at her mother, her mom smiles and says, "Yes dear, I'm sure you're interested in him as well, aren't you?"

     Jesalia sighs. Here we go again, she thinks. "Mumsy, I'm really not feeling anything for him.. well.. as of now.."

     "Think about it, honey. I'm sure you'll be ecstatic when you'll finally be together. I'm super approve for that boy!"  

     Jesalia enters her shallow, designed-20-years-ago room. She grabs the picture frame and opens the back of it. She pulls the photo of her dad.

     Her father had left their family when she was six, and when Patricia was still an innocent baby, because of some flirty woman that according to Jesalia's mom, became her dad's secretary. Her dad always went home at midnight, sometimes even drunk. One day, Demetria heard the phone of Jesa's dad ringing, so she pulled it off and heard a loud, fresh-from-beer voice that said, "Hey sweetiepie! Thanks for your salary treat! I enjoyed this night, I'll see you tomorrow.". After that, Demetria and Jesa's dad fought with Jesalia to see. Jesalia felt traumatic hearing the voices of two people shouting at each other, that before seemed sweet... and light.. and comforting.. and just complete for her to be a happy daughter.

     Jesa puts the frame back, and rests her head on her favorite Piglet pillow.

    She remembers the happenings earlier in the salon.

*FLASHBACK*

    "Hello, Jesalia. We meet again." said Lorenzo.

     Why oh why is he here with all the press and showbiz people?! Jesalia, almost fainted.

     "Mr. Lorenzo Aguirre?" Jesalia refused to talk straight-to-the point. "You know my name?"

     Uh, why did I have to say that? It sounds so naively corny... Jesa thought.

     "Yes, I've got to talk to you."

    "About what?"

     "Um..." he looked at the Press people. Then at Jesalia. Then at them. What are we playing here?? I still have work to do, hellooooo? thought Jesalia.

    "I would just like to say sorry again for accidentally kissing you the other night." 

Ahhhh, now we're talkin'.

    "It's alright. Sorry, too." I must be kind enough.

    "And one more thing... "

     Everyone looked at Lorenzo... "Can I go here tomorrow so you can fix my hair?"

     Jesalia, didn't know what to feel, said, "Oh, sure. Tomorrow."

*END OF FLASHBACK*

     What if he's really already my prince? After that thought, Jesalia slumbers.

~♥~

     "Jesa, I can't wait for Mr. Aguirre to finally become our customer!" Katy gushes. Veronica tries her best not to appear envious.

     "We are soooo going to be offical fans of Enzolia." Tomato spills.

     "What?" Jesalia, while fixing her ready-for-cameras-and-celebrties hair.

     "Enzo and Jesalia loveteam fans!! I'm sure your team-up will be as famous as EnRich." Tomato, in excitement.

     Jesalia just giggles.

Cling.

     The door opens, this time, with no cameras, microphones or whatsoever. The people inside the salon give eyeballs and they see 3 guards with... a man wearing a cerulean polo.

     "Good morning, Sir Lorenzo!" 

     "Thank you. I would like to request for Jesalia."

     "Hi, Sir." Jesalia, half-nervous. "Please come with me."

     Jesalia feels her cheeks almost burning.

     You can do this, Jesa. She calms herself.