Chapter 7: Ideal man?

Note for those who don't understand Tagalog/Filipino: The word tita means "aunt" in English. Yet, it can also be used to call older girls/women as a sign of respect.

Viva Philippines! :P :D

~♥~

*burp*

     After eating a fried chicken, macaroni salad, rice, iced tea and caramel bar (thanks to her mother's suitor), Jesalia is ready to spill every bit of Enzo-related thing to her mom.

Until...

     "HELLO TITA!" Kath blasts from the door, holding a bouquet of roses.

     What's with the bouquets of flowers? What's with TODAY? Jesalia's eyes grow big. "Kath? What brings you here?... And what's with those roses?" 

     "A sign of loooooove." Kath, with her perky attitude. "Oopsie! Just kidding. Someone must have      left this bouquet at our sari-sari store. Here you go, Tita Demetria! Look at the tag. It's really yours."

     "Huh?" Jesalia's mom slowly gets the gift. "Who's this from?"

     "I really don't know po, I just saw it earlier this afternoon when no one was watching over our store. It's so unfortunate that I didn't get to see the mystery man... Hey Jesa, what's with the face?" Kath starts cracking. "Shocked much? OA?"

     "You don't understand, silly." Jesalia finishes her iced tea.

     "Why, best?" 

     Demetria kills Kath's couriosity and tells the story of The Guy I Met at The Store.

     "Tita! OMG. I still can't get over with that." Kath, taking a bite of a caramel bar.

     "Why? Do you think I'm too old for those?"

     "No, that was not what I meant po, tita. You know, it's just soooo.. sweet." Kath giggles. "I'm starting to think that that guy was the one who gave the flowers."

     "What do flowers mean anyway? Gaaaaaaaaaaah!" Jesalia half-shouts.

     Demetria, Kath and Pat share strange glances.

     "What's the matter with you? Are you sick or something?..." Kath teases. 

     "Mom, Kath, I've got something to spill." Jesa is ready..

     "Hey, how 'bout meeee?"

     "Okay, Pat. Listen if you wanna. Look... the other day, after my lunch with Lorenzo at Super Bowl, he told me that 'See you tomorrow, Jesalia--"

     "GAAAAAAAAAAAH!" her best friend interrupts. "Okay, sorry, continue."

     "And yeah.. this afternoon, I waited for him.. but not desperately okay?? I waited for him... until this mysterious man entered the salon, carrying a bouquet of flowers. He said that Enzo commanded him to give those flowers.. to me, well of course." Jesalia giggles and blushes. "So yeaaahhhh.."

     "OMG! Best, are you going to say "yes" to him already?" Kath asks.

     "Nope, honestly.. I still can't feel that wow-I'm-super-in-love-with-you-and-you-are-my-prince feeling."

     Pat butts in. "Ate, I thought you need someone who'll make you feel like a princess."

     "Yes, best. I thought the same. Lorenzo is the complete package."

     Demetria says, "Sweetie, I am sure that he'll make you feel special. Well, observe him now. He just makes undeniable efforts... and it's about time for you to fall in love. I'm supportive of you, sweetie. He's perfect."

     "Best, hellooooo? He's the prince you've been waiting for all along! He's educated, a gentleman and... rich. I'm not making you feel like a gold-digger but listen... He can truly make you feel like a princess and bring you a farytale life." Kath speaks again.

     Jesalia frowns. "Mama, Kath, Pat, I really can't feel something right now for him.. it's just a little crush.. but I'm afraid, I'm not ready to take things to the next level."

      "It's fine, sweetiepie, take your time." Demetria winks.

     "Good luck, best. Don't push yourself."

     "Thank you guys!" Jesalia smiles again.