8

The next morning, Luke came down the stairs looking grumpy. I stand at the stove making French toast.

"Morning daddy." I mumble. He lets out a murmur that's incoherent before wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Are you ok?"

"Your mom was very... Restless last night."

"Ewww! Don't tell me that!" I yell, pushing him off.

"No! No! Not like that! She was just really snappy and when we finally went to bed she kept moving around and getting up and down and stuff. I didn't get to sleep till like, 4."

"Well than go back to sleep. I'll bring you breakfast in a few hours."

"I tried. Your mom got up at like, 6, and I haven't been able to go back to sleep since." I frown.

"Where did she go?"

"I don't know. She said she was meeting someone." My eyes widen.

"Can you watch this? I'm gonna call her and ask her something." I say as I run upstairs and grab my phone. I dial her number and she picks up, breathless.

"Hello?"

"Oh my god, mom, are you fucking him right now?" I whisper yell.

"Scarlett rose! No! No I'm not!" She whisper yells back. I roll my eyes.

"Then you're making out with him?"

"It is none of your business."

"God, if you think I'm not gonna tell Luke you're fucking wrong!" I hiss.

"Don't Scarlett rose! Luke will be heart broken! That will kill him! And he'll leave us! He'll hate me! And it's not like he'll take you with him when he leaves! You're just his girlfriends daughter!" She says, venom lacing her voice. My voice catches in my throat. She's right.

"You're sick!" I spit before hanging up. I storm down the stairs, trying not to cry.

I put the French toast on plates and bring Luke some with powdered sugar and syrup.

He frowns as he sees me.

"Thank you for making breakfast. Is everything ok?"

"Yeah, yeah, mom just snapped at me, and it kinda upset me." I shrug. I'm not lying. It's better than 'moms cheating on you but I don't want to tell you because you'll leave me'.

"I'm sorry babe." He frowns. I shrug. We eat, and afterward, go and cuddle on the couch.

"Lay down. You might be able to sleep." I order. He does as I tell him and pulls me onto his chest.

"You know, I forgot about your punishment." He says, raising an eyebrow at me.

I frown. "What punishment?"

"This punishment." He curls his fingers into my sides as I shriek.

"No! No no no! Daddy please! What did I do! I'm sorry!" I giggle and laugh.

"I'm just reminding you who's boss, babygirl." He chuckles.

"I know who's boss! Oh my god! Stop please!" I scream.

"Oh yeah?" He pauses. "Who's boss?" I pant as I calm down.

"You daddy. Your the boss." I giggle. He chuckles.

"That's right. I still think you need a little more reminding." He smirks as he continues tickling me.

"No! Daddy please! You're the boss!"

"And what are you?" He asks, smirking.

I think for a second. "The princess." I smile. He chuckles. "That's right."

"Am I done with my punishment?" I ask. He raises an eyebrow.

"I suppose I can cut it short, since your such a good girl."

"Whoa should we watch?" I ask as I turn to the tv and grab he remote.

"Umm...-"

"Ohh! Let's watch family guy!"

"No, you can't watch that, it's inappropriate." He shakes his head and grabs the remote.

I pout, but let him out on some documentary, because I actually kinda like them. Even if I didn't, I wouldn't mind watching anything with Luke.

I lay on his chest again as we watch. Eventually, I look up and see he's fallen asleep.

After a bit, my mom comes in. She frowns as she sees me.

"What are you doing?" She asks.

"Luke said he couldn't sleep at all last night, and woke up at six when you left. He wanted to watch a movie and cuddle so he could fall asleep." I shrug a bit, not moving.

She sighs and walks upstairs.

"I hope you know I'm not doing it for you." I say quietly, but she hears me.

"Why are you doing it?"

"For him." I sigh. And for me.

"Well than I guess your better than the rest of us."

"No. Just better than you."

She looks at me for a minute before running up the stairs.

I sigh. I glance at Luke to make sure he's still asleep. "Luke?" He doesn't answer.

"Daddy?" I whisper. His hand gently rubs my back.

"Doing what babygirl?" He whispers, his eyes still closed. I sigh as I look down, smiling sadly.

"What do you mean?" I play innocent. He opens his eyes.

"What are you doing for me?"

"Don't worry about it. Just... Stay here."

"What do you mean stay here?"

"Just stay with me." I mumble. He shrugs and cuddles me tighter. "Keep sleeping." I order. He chuckles and nods.

"Your wish is my command, princess." He kisses my cheek.

Next chapter in Luke's pov❤️❤️