Chapter 8: Life Work

A/N: Chappie 8~~~ 

Honestly, I'm pretty happy with this chapter. And I really like writing about Kuroko assassinating and stuff like that. It sounds cool. 

~~~~~

Chapter 8: Life Work

Kuroko's POV

12:09 am. I stood at the top of the sky-rise building.

Time to get the job done.

I spotted the target sitting in his living room, just watching the television. He laughed at something funny on the screen. I pulled out my gun, and trained them on the head of the target.

This man is the leader of a gang of thugs. He sold drugs on the streets and had his gang beat up anyone who crosses path with them. True, they've never killed anyone, but selling those drugs and beating up people is enough reason to kill them.

His comrades have been dealt with earlier tonight. They all fell like daisies.

The window was open. Makes it easier for me. 12:10.

I took aim, and fired. 50 metres away from where I stand, the white pearl exploded in the target's face. The poisoned gas kicked in. He coughed, and I saw him turn to look towards me.

His eyes met mine and widened. And then, with one final cough, his eyes close, and his lifeless form slumped.

Time of death, 12:11am.

*****

I was on my way back from the thug leaders' house, when suddenly, I felt something whoosh by my ear.

I turned to see those six figures standing on the buildings behind me, and they started coming after me.

Oh right, these guys. Forgot about them for a while there.

I quickly started running faster again.

Great, they're firing darts again. I guess they don't want me dead. Yet.

They all wore dark clothes, but with my vision, I could tell that each had a tint of colour.

The fastest wore mostly dark blue. The second fastest has a yellow wrist band. The second tallest wore dark green. The tallest had a purple head band. The shortest had hair tied up with a pink hair band. And the one who appears to be the leader wore dark red.

Okay, colourful aren't they?

I ran. They chased. I pulled out my gun, and filled the cartridge with red pearls. I shot two of them, hitting the green and blue guy.

The fog isn't deadly, just causes irritation. I am still surprised how BB had gotten them ready this fast.

The others were still chasing me. I shot another time, narrowly missing the red guy.

Along the way, I saw a television antenna, and with my other gun with real bullets, I shot the antenna off and it fell down, blocking and purple and pink guy, slowing them down.

The red guy and yellow guys were still chasing.

Damn it, they're fast. I shot another red pearl. It hit yellow guy. Alright, one more.

I leapt onto another roof, and just then, the red guy had almost caught up. He fired a dart, but I dodged it in time.

In that moment, he was already in front of me.

He pulled out his gun, but I kicked it away. He came at me, swing a punch, which I dodged. I jumped and did a round-the-house kick, which he deflected away. He came at me, but I moved to the right, and left again as he punched again.