Chapter-4

As soon as Mr Shaurya left the room, Mayra turned and greeted her new colleagues. She saw a guy around her age, who was a bit chubby and very cute. He flashed her a big smile, introducing himself, "Hi, I'm Raj Sahni, and It's nice to meet you". Mayra smiled back and replied, " I'm Mayra Malhotra and nice to meet you too".

Then a girl came forward and introduced herself as Mira, she seemed a really bubbly girl , short-height with a very pretty smile. Then a nerd-like guy introduced himself as Karan. He didn't talk or smile much and Mayra thought if he behaves this way always or if he's nervous.

Last one to introduce herself was a pretty girl, who had a lot of make-up on, with such a tight dress that would make difficult to breathe even. She introduced herself as Tina, all the while smirking. Mayra shook their hands smiling, when Mrs Smith entered the room and asked them to follow her.

Mrs Smith was middle-aged,very friendly and was of mixed origin. One could easily tell she must have been very beautiful earlier. Her dark brown hair, pale skin, green eyes and that warm smile made everyone feel at ease with her.

Once they reached 15th floor, Mayra was surprised to find the whole floor designed with latest technology, with various utility rooms, a mini conference room(pic attached), separate cabins for her interns and a big multi-functional cabin for herself.

Showing them their cabins , Mrs Smith left after wishing them good luck for their new journey in Singhania Group Of Industries. Mayra's cabin was big, with beige coloured walls and beige furniture, on the left side was her rotating chair, facing a large table where sat her new MacBook pro. On her right was a large plasma screen 44" TV and the wall across her was covered with big floor length windows, on the top right corner was a small four-seater sofa in beige colour with brown cushions and a brown rug beneath. To say Mayra was impressed would be an understatement, she was awed. She quickly made a mental note to call her friends when she reaches home, so that she can share her excitement with them.

Once Mayra settled in her cabin, she opened her MacBook and found an e-mail already waiting in her office e-mail address. The email was from Mrs Smith, welcoming her in India's largest and most successful software developing company. It also contained various clauses regarding paychecks, office working hours, emergency numbers, rules and regulations, her job description and clauses regarding leaves and resignation.

As she was going through the mail, her laptop pinged again signalling another mail, she opened it to find the details of last software developed by the company. She was supposed to thoroughly research about the software, technologies used while programming it,it's total cost, marketing strategy and campaign used while launching it and it's marketing response, so that when she reports next day to discuss the new software which her team has to make, she has a clear idea about how Singhania Group Of Industries works.

Mayra was immersed in her work when she heard a knock on her door, Raj peeped in and asked if she would like to join them for lunch. She nodded and smiled, while shutting her laptop. She took her bag and left with Raj.

"Wow" exclaimed Raj as soon as they entered cafeteria, Mayra looked up amused only to find him staring in front with his mouth open. She looked in the same direction and saw the cafeteria was really big and well-equipped. It had coffee machine, vending machine, soft-drinks machine and a tea vending machine at one corner, while the other side had a big counter for placing orders. Various small and big tables were placed with chairs around them.

Mayra looked around and spotted other members of her team sitting nearby. She turned towards Raj and seeing the same expression on his face, she burst out laughing and asked, "you want to just stand here or eat something?"

Raj came out of his trance and said," Of course, I want to eat, let's party" Mayra chuckled and followed him to the table.

A/N:

Hello my lovely readers, how have you all been? I'm so sorry for late update.. I'll try to write more frequently. So,here starts Mayra's journey in SGI, what do you all think?

The above picture is of the mini conference room I mentioned. I tried searching for Mayra's cabin, but didn't get any image like the one I had in mind.

So guys tell me if you like the story, please vote comment and share! I would like to know more about you lovely people so please comment, and feel free to criticize. Since I just started writing and this is my first story, I'm still a newbie.. so all praises, advises and criticism are welcome!

Have a good night!