Allow My Voice To Calm You Down

[Girls by Mayday Parade]

After avoiding going back to the home for as long as I could, I finally walked back to the house. Sebastian kept sending me texts to see if I was okay, but right now I just wasn't in the mood to talk to him. I knew it was illogical on my part to think our band would make it and things would be okay just from there, but how could I deny something my heart wanted so bad?

I finally walked into the home, trying to be as quiet as possible but I was soon caught anyways.

"Angelica Rose, what time is it?" Ms. Wendy's voice cut through my thoughts and I let out a sigh.

"Look, it's 8:55 and I didn't break the curfew," I explained myself.

"Just by five minutes," she scolded, placing her hands on her hips. "I'll have you know your brother called here wondering if you made it here all right two hours ago. Where were you? Even Jack stopped by!"

"I was just out walking around." I shoved my hands into my pockets. I usually got into a fight with anyone that was lecturing me like this, but I never had the heart to yell at Ms. Wendy. She already went through so much with taking care of all the foster kids. "I'm sorry, Ms. Wendy, I should've called."

She went quiet at that, taking in a deep breath. "Well, I guess there was no harm done. I put all the youngsters to sleep but I think that Alexander is still up. He still hasn't said much," she worried.

"Don't worry about it, I'll talk to him," I said, walking up the steps.

"Don't stay up too late, it's a school night!" she called after me.

"Got it," I replied, walking into my room first and checking myself in the mirror. The last thing I wanted was to look gross in front of Alex.

"Why are you fixing your make up?" I turned to see little Lily standing at my door.

"None of your business," I responded. Slightly harsh, but I treated her as if she were my own little sister. The rest of the foster kids...not so much.

"You think the new kid is cute," she accused.

"Aren't you supposed to be in bed?" I asked, walking from the mirror and towards the door.

"N-No!"

"I'm going to tell Ms. Wendy on you," I threatened in a 'monster' voice.

"No!" she said through a giggle, backing away.

"Better get to your room or I'm gonna get 'ya!" I said and she quickly ran off.

I chuckled, walking out of my room and closing the door behind me. "You better be in bed," I called after her, stopping next to Alex's door.

"I am," she called back.

Feeling content enough with that, I knocked a few times on Alex's door but received no answer. There was no way he was sleeping already. I knocked again and this time I heard shuffling in the room and then the door opened, exposing a half naked Alex.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't think you would be in bed yet..." I trailed off and he blinked at me. His chest was bare and I was doing all that I could to not blush. And with him standing, I never realized how tall he was.

"I, uh, wasn't sleeping yet," he mumbled quietly and then my spirits were once again lifted. Every time I got to hear his voice I knew I was getting closer to him, even though I've only just met him.

"You care if I come in?" I asked. "I don't want to wake up any of the little kids if they're already sleeping."

He nodded his head, taking a step back and opening the door wider. His room looked more open now; less boxes everywhere and more things decorating the place. He closed the door and took a seat on his bed, watching me quietly as I looked up at the posters he put up.