We Belong Way Down Below

[Heaven Knows by The Pretty Reckless]

"What's the plan today?" Alex asked, sitting down beside me and looking between both Jack and I. It was the end of the day and we were in History class with the lovely Mrs. Red. Of course, there was still a few more minutes until the bell went off, thankfully, so we got to talk until then.

"Jack's house," I told him, continuing my doodle on my history notebook. I'd been scribbling through lyrics all day today trying to find a satisfying way to write a song, but I couldn't seem to keep my thoughts straight.

Alex raised an eyebrow at that. "Why Jack's?" he asked. It'd been about a week since the band practice, and every day Alex was progressively becoming more and more open with talking. He still had nightmares, but that was solved by me temporarily sleeping in his room with him.

"I need help writing song lyrics and his sister, Lexus, is good with this kind of stuff so I need to go visit her. You can game with Jack while we brain storm, if you want," I told him and he nodded his head.

"How do you know I don't already have plans?" Jack asked, crossing his arms on his chest.

I smirked. "Okay, Jack, do you have plans today?"

He pouted his bottom lip out at me. "N-No..."

I chuckled at that, turning back around in my seat. "Well, you do now."

***

"I swear to God if Mrs. Red says one more snotty remark to me," I growled under my breath as we walked out of History class. Of course, through the entire class the stupid teacher had to pick on me to read or answer some question.

Alex chuckled. "Maybe if you were focusing more..."

I playfully pushed him away. "Whatever, her lectures are the absolute worst, and you know it. Thank God finals are in a few days and we can get the hell out of this place."

"You can say that again!" Jack chanted, coming up in between Alex and I and slinging his arms around both of our shoulders. "Then it's summer break, baby!"

I shoved his arm off of me. "Yeah, and I can focus on my guitar and lyrics without any distractions."

"What about me?" Alex pouted.

"It's okay, you're not a distraction to me," Jack said, pulling him closer and I couldn't help but laugh at my stupid friends.

"Okay, maybe I can afford one distraction," I admitted.

"Aren't you all cute." My smile fell and Jack stiffened while Alex's expression was engulfed with confusion by our sudden serious behavior. I turned to see the devil herself standing in her red heels and a smirk across her face, her lips matching her shoes.

"God," Jack muttered under his breath and I puffed out my chest.

"What do you want?" I growled and she rested her weight on one of her hips.

The corners of her red lips tugged downwards. "Come on, Angelica, we don't need that kind of tone, now do we?"

"Screw off," I said, turning and walking away with Jack pulling Alex behind me.

"Is that anyway to talk to the owner's daughter of the venue you're playing at?" Mary's voice floated through the air and I felt my stomach drop.

I turned around slowly back to face her. "W-What?"

"Yeah, you know, that bar The Star Gazers are playing at...that's my dad's," she said, gazing down at her nails.

"So what?" I spat now, resting my hands on my hips.