Chapter 2

The present time....

(Y/n)'s p.o.v:

I woke up in my little log bed like my usual. I shifted my waist back and forth to try and get my (F/c) tail to out of the tight space between me and the bed. I sooner or later break free and do my morning routine. I had some lake shells stuck in my (H/c) hair, I picked them all off and placed them into my backpack that I hid under the log I slept in.

"Another day, I hope I don't get fucking caught again. I already screwed up at the beach, I don't wanna bet myself that I could find another area of water without being spotted by people again." I thought, I have learned to adapt to this new home of mine. So far so good, I haven't been spotted by anyone. Which is good in my view, I don't want to be taken away. I sighed in the oxygen in the water. I swam around the lake to see fisherman with his kids fishing, I stayed alert to them. I peeked above the surface to see him minding his own business. I ducked my head back under the water and went onto swimming, I went to my favorite spot of the whole lake. A whole field of oysters laid in place, scattered everywhere.

" Hey there oysters, got any pearls for me today?" I asked them kindly, they all opened there mouths and in the place of there tongues were the most beautiful and biggest pearls I've even seen! I came closer to them and took the pearls, careful not to scratch them by my mistake. I collected sixteen big pearls in total, "Thank you oysters!" I thanked them great fully. I came over to a few and petted there smooth and rough shells, I heard them purr like cats. I smiled and waved to them goodbye. I went over back to my log, I added the pearls I collected to a huge pile of other pearls. I estimated the total I had, I counted fourty six pearls. I let them sit there for a moment. I scooped all the big pearls into my bag, I had a little weight added to my back. But I had a feeling I might need to bring the pearls with me.....

Almost a entire hour of nothing to do, I already harvested the pearls from the kind oysters, what else can I do to pass the time?! I looked over to the mighty sun shining brightly, I figured it was almost noon. I swam closer to the shoreline, I stopped to a large rock and I lifted my weight up onto it. The fins on my tail calmed down and flatten, I breath in the oxygen of the air. I smiled to myself like a idiot. I started to sing a tune, it didn't have any words; I've been told by my mom and dad that all mermaids and mermen were naturally artists. I continued to sing the tune, I sang loudly and added more heart into my singing. Bad move....

"H-Hello? Is someone there?" A voice called from the distance, I slapped myself to get carried away with my own passion, I hopped back into the waters of the lake. I tried to swim away as fast as I could, I didn't move one inch. I turned around to see my fin trapped underneath the rock I sang on. I swear if I get caught again, It'll be the end of me. I began screaming and tugging my tail. Rustling came closer and closer, my heart kept skipping beats and I had my eyes widen in fear... Is this going to be the end of me?

Dipper's p.o.v:

I walked near the Gravity Falls lake with Mabel following me. I had my head buried in my journal; planning my next monster hunt, until I heard singing. Where was that coming from? I was mesmerized by the voice and decided to follow the trail to where it was coming from. I crunched my feet into leaves and snapping in half twigs. Mabel had fun running through the trail stepping on every leave and twig that came across us. We made lots of noise and then the singing stopped, and it was replaced by screaming? I hurried to were the screaming was coming from, the shoreline of the lake came into sight.

"H-Hello? Is someone there?" I called out, the screaming went on and I finally made it to the lake. I looked to my right, I saw a rock moving slightly. I turned my attention to a girl my age, which is fifteen; struggling to get free from the rock that trapped her....FIN?! I couldn't find the words to describe how amazed I was. Sure I saw Mermando; but a real mermaid. I flipped to a blank page possible to fill in a little information, Mabel comes running over in excitement to see what I found.