33. I got you

please pray for the people affected by the bombing, the fans, their families, Ari and the whole crew... i am deeply heartbroken, this shouldnt happen to anyone.

they were kids, innocent kids and now there are people who lost their love ones because of that coward act of terror... as a mother i can even imagine the heartache and the sorrow these parents who lost their children are feeling right now. but lets not give the fear the power it wants, lets continue to live our life the fullest and lets attend concerts and travel and enjoy this time we still have on planet earth,

rest in peace beautiful angels, you deserved a happier ending

this chapter is inspired by Justins song One Life from the Journals album

~

The night sky was darkening as I watched down the city, buttoning up my white shirt. It was a perfect night for a date with Ava. I only told her to get dressed in something fancy because she loved dressing up. Just like my mom told me, I needed to take her out and let her forget everything bad that was going on.

I slipped on my dress coat and sprayed a bit of cologne on my neck and wrists. My hair was a mess so I just pulled it back hoping it would stay in one place.

I really hoped this evening would go as planned. Ava deserves so much more than she's getting right now. If only it could be me taking that much crap so she wouldn't have to suffer.

Closing my bedroom door I strode across my living room, my dress shoes tapping against the marble floor. I was going to pick up Ava from her apartment in twenty minutes. I decided to take a quick shot of tequila because a little alcohol never hurt nobody.

Honestly I felt like I was going on a first date with her. I was just as nervous as I was when she came to my apartment five years ago to help me with that history essay. Now when I look back to all those years and moments we went through together and alone, we deserved better together.

The bet. Oh, the bet that changed everything. First it was just a playful game that was going to last until I got a kiss from Ava and then it would've been it. But no. I'm glad I didn't stop there. After all I did choose the girl I was going to do that bet myself. The first time I saw her was just... Something about her was just amazing. Usually I was pretty smooth with girls but her. She stood there in all her innocence looking at me like she had seen a ghost. She made me nervous and that was new to me. She made me rethink my words and actions before I let them out. From that very moment that I saw her I never stopped thinking about her. The bet was just an encouragement for me to go talk to her. That moment she bumped into me in the schools parking lot, my heart literally jumped up to my throat. And the sound of her saying something to me was just... She was an angel. She wasn't like the other. She never wanted attention. She didn't really care about materialistic things. And her eyes. My goodness, her eyes. I could get lost in them over and over again. Everything I did with her felt right. But then Alex decided to ruin it for the both of us. I hated myself for not telling her that I loved her, what I felt towards her. I lost her. And it was the biggest mistake. I should've told her about the bet the minute I realized that I wanted to be with her for a really, really long time. What happened after the bet got exposed was all just a blur to me. I don't even remember living those three weeks until I woke up in a hospital with my mom there.

But I owe my life to Ava.

-

"Where are we going?" Ava squirmed on the passenger seat of my sports car as I drove down the streets of Manhattan.