Chapter 14

I was silent. I didn't want to respond in case I said something wrong. Avi wandered around my room. "Hey," he was looking at the sheets. Crap. "Why is there blood on your sheets?" I shrugged. "Wait... last night..." He pieced everything together, and his face was red. "Oh." He left the room. "Good luck with Scott." He closed the door and I heard his retreating footsteps.

"Danielle?" Scott poked his head in my room. When I saw his face I frowned and crawled to the edge of my bed against the wall. I wrapped my arms around myself and I looked at him. "Please... I am so sorry I ignored you... please we didn't do anything else then just talk..."

"I don't believe you. She was basically sitting on your lap."

"Just forgive me. Please." I got up and walked up to him. I looked into his eyes. "Can you promise me this won't happen again?" He took a second to respond. I frowned and pushed him out of the door. "Just leave me alone." I shut my door and locked it. 

Have you ever felt like you were tearing a friendship apart? That's how I felt with Avi and Scott. I felt horrible and sorry for the rest of Pentatonix who would forever remember the horrible impact on thier lives. So I grabbed the handle of my suitcase and wandered around, trying to find Mitch or Kirstie. 

I found Kirstie lounging on her bed, listening to music. She took out her earbuds when she saw me. "You're leaving?" 

"I'm a burden on your lives. Please don't try to talk me out of this..." I made up my mind and made many reasons why I should go sound right. "Alright. Where's your dorm?" 

I gave her the directions and in 30 minutes I was on the curb crying into Kirstie's shoulder. She only hugged me and patted my back. "Tell them I'm sorry, but never tell them where I went. They'll know, but I don't want them to come after me." She nodded and I pulled away. "Thank you Kirstie, it was nice to meet you." I smiled. She grinned. "You too. Good luck."

As she pulled out of the dorm, my heart was heavy. I asked for a new dorm room. I couldn't deal with the one I was currently in. They relocated me and I was grateful. I found myself occasionally looking over my shoulder as if someone was there. But there was always no one. No one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

One Year Later: 2-10-14

Daniel had been with me for awhile. I raised my hand to knock on the door. When he opened it, he threaded his hand through mine and lead me to the campus hangout. We never went here.

He got down on one knee, and I forgot my plans to call it off. I was done with this controlling freak. Who cares if I would have been beaten up or even killed? My life didn't matter to no one anymore. 

"Will you marry me?" He opened the black box and his eyes sparkled. Lie. Before the words processed through my brain, I said in the harshest way possible, "No." People around us gasped and I covered my face. I would be killed for sure. "What the hell?" He grabbed me by my throat. "What did you say?" Everyone around us began to awkwardly shift away. No one even dared to help me. "I said no." I choked out. I was backhanded and thrown to the ground. The sudden impact made me throw my head back in surprise and it slammed into the ground. "Dude, lay off!" I faintly saw people pull Daniel away from me. "God, don't touch her man! You'll kill her." 

"That's what the bitch deserves."  I did deserve death. I caused so many people pain before, I didn't want to again. I sat up and rubbed my head. No blood. I stood up and wobbled a bit. "You've been nothing but a controlling bastard! I can't even begin to explain how much you've hurt me!" I was slapped again by Daniel and I stumbled back. But I kept going, "Day after day, a new bruise would show up on me! I've resorted to wearing sweaters because of you. Do you know how afraid I was of you? There's not even a shred of kindness and compassion in you anymore!" Daniel  smirked. "Such a bad liar."