2

F A L L A C Y

Nick Bateman as Ethan Williams *picture above*

【Chapter Song● Bad Blood by Taylor Swift】

"He's such a cruel person, shouted on such an innocent girl."

"He is inhuman. I've been saying it since day one."

"Why did you not knock? Don't you know how strict he is with the rules?"

"What's the poor girl's fault? She thought she will find her old friend inside, but all she got in return was a cold hearted beast."

"No, Ethan's no beast." I finally said as I wiped the tears that had been falling from my eyes since I stepped out of his room. People around me would say things about him that to me, were impossible. They had gathered around me as soon as I stepped out. They may have heard his shouts and then, they definatley saw me running out of his room, crying.

The crowd that had gathered around me gave me water and some tissues because my sobs just wouldn't stop. Soon, everyone went on to doing their own tasks. So, I was left alone on the couch in the reception area. I decided that I wouldn't go back home without talking to Ethan and asking him what he just did. How can he be so rude all of a sudden.

I kept on waiting till six o'clock when everyone started going home.

Oh, it's six already?

My eyes were constantly glued to his room door. My inner fighter was wishing to go, push open that door and talk to him right away but the sincere and decent side in me stopped me from doing any such horrendous thing. .

Think about Tim, Joy. How would he feel?

I controlled my anger and sat there patiently. The clock kept on ticking. From six to seven, seven to eight, eight yo nine and then soon, freaking eleven. I didn't realize when my eyes got shut and I drifted off to sleep. When I opened my eyes next, it was one in the middle if the night.

Fuck!! I slept till one?? Has he gone home then? Or is he still in there? Shit, what if, he is gone already?

Why do you have to be such a deep sleeper Joy Miller ?

I was busy in my own thoughts until I heard the door of office open. And then, he walked out, in all his glory. I could hear his footsteps, he was coming towards me. My heart was pumping at an uncertain pace.

Oh my god, what do I do?

He came near me and looked at me and kept in looking at me, for split seconds, seconds, maybe minutes.

"Why are you still here, Miss Miller?" He asked in his intimidating tone.

"Umm, I.... actually...I " I couldn't even speak a complete sentence. His presence was too much for me to handle, that too, alone. I was so scared of hima after what he did to me, how he behaved with me this morning.

"Actually what, Miss Miller?" He said.

"I wanted to talk to you." I finally gathered some courage and spoke up.

"About ?"

Seriously?? Does he not remember what happend earlier today?

"Ethan-"

"Mr Williams." He interrupted.

"Huh?" I couldn't register what he said.

"Call me Mr Williams."

"What?" I said.

"You heard me Miss Miller."

Why is he being so diplomatic?

"Listen Ethan, I don't know what's wrong with you but what you did to me today wasn't required."

"Sure it was Miss Miller. Nobody, absolutely nobody comes in my room without knocking."

Really? Where did his morals go now? Where is that guy who treated everyone as equals? Where is that guy who didn't mind me coming in his room without knocking? Where is that guy who I once called my friend?

"I don't even know you anymore, Ethan." I couldn't control these words. They just slipped out of my mouth.

"You don't have to."

"What happened to you Ethan? You were never so rude and arrogant."

"I'm not answerable to you Miss Miller."

"Oh just stop calling me Miss Miller now." I yelled at him.

"Stop. Yelling. Miss Miller." He uttered his words clearly. His jaw clenched. He was angry, I was sure of it.

"You stop calling me Miss Miller, call me what you always called me. Call me Jo."

"You're yelling, again."

"Hell yeah, I am."

"Well then, keep yelling to the walls because I'm getting out of here." He said as he started moving towards the elevator.

"Ethan, stop." I said as I followed him.

We both reached the elevator and he stood there waiting for it to open. I didn't say a word. I just noticed him. His aura has changed, he has become so much more handsome. He was always very charismatic, he just embraced it now. Watching him, in that well tailored suit, gave me chills. His demeanor is so classy, arrogant yet classy.

"Ethan... Please-" I began speaking again.

"Miss Miller, I'm telling you for one final time, I'm Mr Williams for everyone out here."

"Oh, so I'm everyone now?" I asked. My eyes, glistening with water. Tears

"Yes." He replied, coldly.

"Everyone out here calls you Mr Williams, right?" I asked. He nodded.

"Then let's get out of here because I'm not calling you that here, there or anywhere."

"Just forget it, Miss Miller." He said.

The elevator doors opened and Ethan stepped in.

"Who wants to be in contact with you outside this building? Not me, atleast."

He completed his sentence and before I could respond, the elevator door shut. All I could notice before it closed completely was a smirking face. Ethan's face.

You can't hate me so much Ethan.

●●●●Please make me happy, vote and comment.●●●●

~Harsha