Chapter 1

Michael's POV

I woke to my alarm blaring like no other. I reached over and slammed on the snooze button. I yawned and ran my hands over my face and went to roll over again when I realized it was Friday. Which meant we were hanging out with the girls tonight. I smiled. We haven't all hung out, just us 7 in a long while. The festival was in town, which meant rides and games and food and live performances from the local bands and singers. Honestly I loved it, almost as much as playing my video games which I would much rather spend my Friday night doing if we weren't filming any covers.

I sighed as I sat up. This was Ashton's and Jordan's final day of school before graduation on Sunday. We all decided we were gonna make it the best for them since the rest of us were a year younger than them. I turned off my alarm once it started beeping and decided to climb in the shower.

I let the hot water and steam run over me for a few minutes, trying to help me wake up before actually washing my hair and body. I threw on a black tee and some black skinny jeans and black vans since it was Friday which meant no horrid school uniform. I towel dried my sandy blonde-brown hair and left it, knowing it would dry the way I wanted it to. I grabbed my school bag and trotted down the stairs to the kitchen where my parents were sitting, drinking coffee and reading the paper. My mom looked up and gave a small frown.

"Michael why are you wearing that dreadful color? You know I think that you should wear more appealing colors." I rolled my eyes and my dad hid his smile behind his coffee cup before speaking.

"Now honey, let the boy express himself, if he wants to dress all 'scene' or 'emo' or whatever it is nowadays, let him. At least he doesn't go out and do drugs and get girls pregnant." My dad chuckled. My mom gave him 'the look', you know, the ones girls always give to guys when they are irritated at them.

"Yea mom, I just stay home and play video games or hang out with the guys and Chrissy and Jordan and Nessa. And make music. That's it." She just scowled at me. I smiled and gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll always be your little boy mom. I'm just trying to find myself. I love you." I knew I cracked her because she smiled and and hugged me back. We faintly heard a car horn beeping outside.

"That would be the crew. Jordan is carpooling today." I smiled as I grabbed my bag off the floor and slung it over my shoulder.

"Here dear, give these to all your friends, baked them last night," my mom handed me a Tupperware bowl full of cookies.

"Thanks mom. Gotta go!" I quickly jogged out of the house as the horn beeped again. I smiled as I approached Jordan's blue-green Tahoe. I opened the back door and was greeted by my friends.

"HEY MICHAEL!" Calum screamed from the back row. "You get to sit back here with me!" He patted the seat next to me. Luke greeted me and slipped out of the vehicle and put the seat down so I could clamber in the back with Calum. Chrissy, Nessa, and Luke were in the middle row and Ashton was sitting shotgun. They all greeted me before Jordan put the vehicle in drive and took off down the street.

"Oh my mom made us all cookies again," I threw the Tupperware bowl in the seat in front of me, which happened to be on Luke.

"God I swear your mom knows the key to my heart," Ashton groaned as he took the cookie that Luke was handing him.

"She's gonna make us fat," Chrissy giggled taking a bite of hers.

"Hey I don't mind. If she just makes these for the rest of my life I will be content," Calum said while shoving the whole damn thing in his mouth.

"I love your mom's baking though, its fantastic," Nessa smiled and we all agreed.

"So are we all ready for tonight?" Luke asked, rubbing the crumbs off his pants.