For the First Time in Forever: A Jelsa Fanfic

"It's getting worse! I can't control it anymore, and I don't want to hurt Anna," ten-year-old Elsa cried. As a cool gust of wind blew in through the window, a teenaged boy appeared out of nowhere.
"W-who are you?" Elsa sniffled and backed away from the boy. He had white hair and fair skin and water blue eyes.
"My name is Jack. You can see me?" his feet lightly touched the ground and he walked toward her.
"S-stay back. Of course I can see you, I'm not blind."
"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you. I promise. What's your name?" Jack sat down in a chair and studied Elsa.
"My name is Elsa," Jack smiled and there was an awkward pause.
"Why do you have gloves on?" he pointed to the white gloves on her tiny hands.
She hesitated to speak. "They're to conceal my powers," she finally murmured.
"Powers? What kind of powers?" Jack stood and kneeled next to Elsa.
"They're..." she paused considering how to describe them. "Ice powers."
Jack tilted his head like a confused puppy. "Can you show me?"
Elsa nervously took off her gloves. She looked around and saw a bare spot on the floor. She thrust both hands out and ice covered it.
Jack looked around and his eyes twinkled.
Elsa started to cry. "They're getting too strong."
He kneeled in front of her and took her hands. "Shh, it's okay. Can I tell you something super secret? I promise it will cheer you up."
Jack stood up and made it snow inside the room. The tiny flakes dusted Elsa's hair as she laughed.
"You're like me!" she exclaimed. "Anna!" Her sister who was younger by about two years was heard padding down the hallway.
"She won't be able to see me."
"Why not?" her smile faded. Jack waved a hand and the snow stopped.
"Only you can see me. It's hard to explain. You're... Special."
Elsa beamed and Anna knocked on the door but didn't mention Jack.
"Why'd you call me?" Anna asked.
"I just um, wanted to say hi?"
Anna smiled. "Do you wanna build a snowman?"
"Um, not right now. How about in like a few minutes or so? I'll come get you," Elsa wanted to talk to Jack more.
Anna frowned. "Okay," she skipped off, humming a song. Elsa turned back to Jack and sat down in a chair.
"How old are you?" she asked, pushing the snow around with her feet.
"I'm eighteen," Jack answered. "How about you?"
"I'm ten. Are you going to be staying here for awhile?"
"It just depends. Do you want me to?" Jack was doodling in the snow with his staff.
Elsa pondered this for a moment. "Can you teach me how to control my powers?"
Jack scratched his chin. "Possibly."
"Okay then, you can stay," she finally answered.
Jack smiled. "Do you have anymore questions for me?"
"Yes, why aren't you wearing shoes?"
He laughed. "I just don't like them much."
Elsa smiled. "Will my parents be able to see you?"
Jack shook his head. "No, so far you are the only mortal who has been able to see me."
"Mortal?"
"Yes. I'm a guardian. I'm Jack Frost, Elsa. You've heard of me right?"
Elsa's jaw dropped. "You're Jack Frost?"
"The one and only. I used to be a mortal like you until I died trying to save my sister."
"Are you a ghost? Can I see ghosts?" she looked scared.
Jack laughed. "No, I'm a guardian, not a ghost. Like Santa and the Easter Bunny."
"You know them?" Elsa was incredulous.
"Of course I do! They're my best friends," the snow was melting on the floor.
Elsa eyed Jack curiously. Could he really know the Easter Bunny? She thought. She scooped a handful of wet snow up and examined it. "I'm going to go play with Anna for a little bit. You can stay here." she skipped down the hallway calling her sisters name.
Jack liked her and he knew they would become great friends.