Chapter One

I pushed my heavy suitcase through the double doors, that was kindly opened by a boy with strange colored hair. 

“Thank you.” I smiled up at him and made my way to my dorm. 

I opened the door with my key and slide the door open. Looking over the small dorm, I sighed to myself. I wonder when Sophie was going to get here. She’s probably off sucking face with Luke, I thought shaking my head. Sophie Grace was my best friend since she came to school in 1st grade, and Luke Hemmings is Sophie’s boyfriend. They started dated Freshman year and have been inseparable since. They were the kinda couple that would always be in the yearbooks and voted King and Queen for prom. 

I set my suitcase on the left side of the room, claiming it mine and my room key on the little desk. I sat down on the awfully hard mattress, sighing. First day of college. 

Hearing my stomach growl, I knew it was time to get some food. Locking the door to my door, I went down to the food court. 

I went down the line that was filled with people. I scooped up some salad and squeezed ranch on it. I’ve always been somewhat of a healthy eater, I try anyways. 

I sat down at an empty table and ate my salad, looking at the people around me. These are the people I’m attending the same college with. People I probably won’t ever know the names of. People that are stressing just as much as I am. 

I finished my salad and put my plate on the cleaning pull. 

I walked back up to my dorm, reaching in my pocket for my room key. I wasn’t there. I felt through all my pockets and no key. Smacking myself in the face, I pounded on the door, hoping Sophie was in there. With no luck, I slid down the door. Of course this had to happen on my first day. 

Hearing the door next to mine open, I looked up to locking eyes with the same boy that held the door open for me. I got a better view of his hair this time. It was black in the front and reddish-purple in the back. It was.. Interesting. 

“Hey, uh, stuck out of your room?” He asked, smirking though it. 

“Yeah,” I grumbled. “Forgot my damn key in the room.” Smacking my self in the head, I sighed. I’m really dumb. 

“You can, uh, come in my dorm for a little bit. My roommate isn’t here at the moment. Not like you couldn’t come if he was here, just there’s a little more room.” He rambled on. Scratching the back of his neck. 

I laughed a little at his rambling. “Yeah, that would be cool, thanks.” I stood up from my spot on the floor, only to have my head connect with the door handle. I groaned, rubbing my head. The boy gave me his hand and pulled me up. “Today is not my day.” I mumbled, pain still present in my head. 

The boy opened his dorm room and walked in, me right after him. 

“My names Emma by the way.” I said looking around his room. He had bunks on the right side of the room and on the left was a big TV placed on the floor. Under it was a bunch of game consoles, games, and disks. Sweet! 

“I’m Michael.” He replied sitting on the bottom bunk. I sat down on the floor before the TV, looking through all of the games and movies. I came across Call of Duty and nearly screamed. 

“Michael, can we please play this!?” I asked standing up and showing him the disk. He chuckled a bit and took it from my hands. “Sure.” 

*******

 “I give up, you won’t even help me!” I called to Michael. We were both sitting on the bottom bunk now, controllers in our hands. 

“Emma, if I help you I’ll die!” He exclaimed, laughing. 

 I sighed, setting my controller down and laying back. I had a fun time with Michael, playing video games makes me think of all the times that me and my brother, Jack, used to play them. I smiled at the thought. 

I heard the door from the next room open and I jumped from the bed and out the door to find that Sophie was finally here. 

“Thank God!” I exclaimed to Sophie. 

“Emma, I told you to set up in here, you haven’t even touched your suitcase.” She said, pointing around the room. 

“Sophie I got locked out of the room, leave me alone.” She started laughing at my, doubling over her bed. 

“The first day and you get locked out. Of course!” She said in-between laughs. 

“Go away, you laugh like a dying horse.” I mumbled, crossing my arms. 

“I think her laugh is cute.” I heard a familiar voice say from the doorway. I looked over to be met by Luke, his hair perfectly up in his signature quiff. Sophie got lucky to find a boy like Luke, I have to admit, he is extremely attractive. 

Luke made his way over to Sophie, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her in for a kiss. 

“Guys, what have I said about PDA.” I whined, laying back on the bed, covering my face with a pillow. 

“Well, you better get used to it because I’m in the dorm next to yours.” Luke said to me. 

“Wait, you’re Michael’s roommate?” I asked, looking at him weird. 

“Yeah? How do you know Michael?” He asked, Michael then coming in. “I heard my name.”

“He practically rescued me from having to stay out in the hallway for an hour.” I laughed at my own ridiculousness. Looking over at Michael and giving him a smile. 

“Well, I’m happy you two like each other.” Luke said, winking at me. I flipped him off and laid back down on the bed.