Chapter Three

I was awoken by the sound of whispering. I remember watching The Breakfast Club with Michael. I must’ve fallen asleep. 

“Just wake her up, man.” I heard Luke whisper to Michael. 

“No, come on, you wouldn’t wake up Sophie if she fell asleep in your bed.” Michael accused Luke. 

“What if Jennifer comes?” Whose Jennifer I thought. I should probably get up. 

I acted as if I was just getting up, stretching my arms out and groaning a bit. I sat up, the blanket still draped over my lap. 

“What time is it?” I asked looking between the two of the boys. They chuckled a little at me. “It’s six.” Michael told me. 

“Okay, uh, I’ll go to my dorm.” I got up from Michael’s bed. “Thanks for the movie.” I smiled up at Michael and walked towards the doorway. 

“No problem Emma. Anytime.” With that I walked out and went back to my dorm. As soon as I hit my bed, I was out. 

*******

“Emma.” I heard someone whisper, and my shoulder being shaken. “Emma, come on wake up.”

I opened my eyes to find Michael hovering over me. I groaned and shut my eyes again. I was really tired. 

“Come on, Sophie and Luke went out on a date or something and I’m bored. Come watch a movie with me, yeah?” He asked smiling at me. I couldn’t say no. 

“Fine,” I grumbled. “Just let me change and I’ll be over.” I sat up in to bed and rubbed my eyes. I got up walking over to the small closet and pulling out some sweats and a t-shirt. Michael leaving so I could get changed. 

When I had changed into more comfortable clothes, I walked over to Michael’s dorm. Knocking twice. 

Michael opened the door and I could feel his eyes traveling up my body. I pushed through him and sat on the floor, my back against the bed. 

“What are we gonna watch?” I asked looking up at him. 

“I was thinking the Avengers?” Michael looked at me with hope in his eyes. 

“Sure?” I said tucking my knees to my chest. Seeing a full smile on Michael’s face, making me smile as well. 

*******

We were halfway through the movie. Michael was sitting next to me on the floor and we were sharing his blanket. 

I looked over at Michael, his focus was on the TV. I took notice to his little things as I examined his face. He has slight stubble on his chin, indicating he hasn’t shaved in a day or two. He had full, plump, pink lips and his eyes were a grayish-green color. They were really pretty. 

Michael looked back down at me, catching me staring. He didn’t say anything though, just continued to look at me as well. 

Before I knew it we were leaning in, our faces now inches away. I could feel his warm breath fanning my face, smelling like mint. I was about to close the gap when Michael’s phone rang. 

I quickly pulled back, facing the TV again.

“Fuck.” I heard Michael curse, pulling out his phone from his back pocket and excused himself from the room. 

After a few minutes of him being gone, I was getting curious. I went to the door and pressed my ear to it. 

“Yeah, I know babe.” I could hear him say. Babe? 

“I miss you too. I’ll see you soon, okay? Alright. Yeah, I love you too. Bye.”

I quickly crawled back to where I was sitting before, pulling the blanket back onto my lap. I couldn‘t help but feel a slight pang in my chest after hearing that.

Michael walked in, closing the door behind him and taking a seat next to me again. 

“Sorry about that, it was my mum.” He explained. The pang still present from that. You don’t call your mum babe. 

After a few minutes, I still felt pretty uncomfortable. “I’m gonna go back to my dorm, I’m pretty tired and have classes early again.” I shook my head and stood from my seat.. 

“Oh, okay. I’ll see you tomorrow Emma. Goodnight.” He said as I left the room. “Night.” I mumbled back.

I opened my door to my dorm and walked in, shutting it behind me. I grabbed my phone, seeing that my mom texted me back saying that it was good I had made new friends and to get some sleep. 

I laid down in my bed and pulled my covers under my chin. Sighing, I already knew I wasn’t going to sleep very well tonight. 

*******

Sophie had came back not that long after I was in bed. She thought that I was asleep and went to bed herself. I, on the other hand, wasn’t going to get any sleep. I tossed and turned and I couldn’t get the ‘almost kissing’ and this ‘babe’ out of my head. I sighed giving up on any sort of sleep. I liked Michael, but can you really like someone after one day of knowing them? I shook my head.

I looked over at the clock, it’s three in the morning. I sighed and got up, deciding to go take a night shower. 

I grabbed all my toiletries and softly opened my door, shutting it behind me. 

I made my way down the hallway then went towards the bathroom. Everything was really dark and you couldn’t see much. 

Before I knew it, I had collided with someone. My soaps falling everywhere. 

“Ow.” I mumbled rubbing my shoulder. I reached down trying to find everything. 

“Sorry.” I heard someone mumble from above me. “It’s fine.” I replied back. 

“Emma?” Someone questioned. I looked up and through the dim light, I could hardly make out his face. Michael. 

“Oh, hey Michael.” I mumbled, not really feeling up to talking to him at the moment. I don’t know why but after him telling me that this ’babe’ girl was just his mom, I felt really uneasy. 

“Why are you doing up?” He asked. “I thought you were going to go to bed early. 

“Couldn’t sleep.” I stated, standing up from my spot. “And usually when I can’t sleep, I take a shower.” 

“Alright, well if you still can’t sleep after your shower, you’re always welcome to come to my dorm.” Michael told me, and I instantly smiled at his offer. “Okay.” I nodded towards him and continued walking towards the bathroom. 

I got into the showers and turned on the hot water. I let it warm for a minute, then stepped in. Thoughts of Michael filling my head. Smiling and sighing at the same time I grabbed my shampoo and rubbed it through my hair.