a storm's coming

a/n: anything italicized, imagine jughead narrating it. o and this takes off right where season 1's finale ends.

Archie found himself rushing out of the bathroom at Pop's when he heard commotion, only to find a robber trying to steal his father's wallet.

Before he could stop the gun shot, it had happened.. Fred Andrews had been shot and the robber had gotten away.

Shaking with fear, he pulled out his phone and dialed the three numbers he had been constantly reminded of as a child, 911.

"Nine one one, what's your emergency?" An officer asked into the phone, picking up almost as quickly as he had hit the green call button.

"My father, he—he was shot." He stuttered into the phone, his other hand still over his father's wound.

"Okay. Where are you?" Came the reply of a calm and trained professional.

"At Pop's. The twenty-four hour diner." He replied, glancing up to see people still fleeing the scene.

"We'll be right over. Hang tight, kid." The officer replied before ending the call.

Moments later, sirens could be heard. Archie had never dreaded the sound more, flashing lights momentarily blinding him as he glanced out the window.

An ambulance pulled up next to several police cars, their crew instantly going out of the back truck with a stretcher as the vehicle came to a halt.

Archie stood back as he watched his father being placed onto the stretcher by random medics, motionless as everything sunk into him, fully.

"We're getting him to the Riverdale Hospital, you coming?" A nurse asked as she and several others rushed around pushing the stroller.

"Yes, of course." He replied quickly, following them into the back of the truck.

The car ride had been a long one, one that was filled with tension in the air as Archie's eyes never left his fathers. The only thing on his mind was dread. Would this be the last time Fred Andrews would ever be with him? That was one of the many questions running through his head, all with unknown answers.

Archie felt his body shake as he was sent home by the hospital, nurses and doctors telling him the only thing he could do was wait while they proceeded with a risky surgery, the only one that could possibly bring his father back to him

No, his father wasn't dead.. But it wasn't exactly reassuring to know he could be any moment.

The feeling of a pulse of vibration down his right leg made him snap out of his pessimistic thoughts and pull out his phone to find a text message from his girlfriend.

He quickly typed out a reply, walking up the stairs and into his room before laying down as he texted back and forth with Veronica.