you fear

The next morning Veronica found herself on the doorstep of the house her boyfriend was staying at, knocking lightly on the door.

"Good morning, Veronica." Mrs. Andrews greeted as she opened the door wider to allow the Latina to walk in.

"Good morning Mrs. Andrews, how's Archie?" Veronica could help but ask even though she had seen him only hours ago.

"He's fine, still resting his voice. I think he's getting a bit bored though, he's been just sleeping a lot." Mrs. Andrews replies, remembering the moment Archie had started to attempt to write lyrics, then realizing he couldn't sing them.

"Oh, well that's good. Is he in his room?" Veronica questioned as her eyes scanned the rooms that she was capable of viewing.

"I believe so." Mrs. Andrews replied with a smile, it was a blissful moment to find someone that cared so deeply about her son.

"I—" Veronica started to speak as awkwardness had filled the air but was cut off, she loved Archie's mom but talking to your boyfriend's parents alone was just plain nerve wrecking to he.

"—it's alright Veronica, go." Mrs. Andrews assured with a smile and watched as Veronica disappeared down the hall.

 Andrews assured with a smile and watched as Veronica disappeared down the hall

"Hey, Archiekins." Veronica teased as she walked into his bedroom but found him to be nowhere in sight, "Archie?"

She mentally face palmed when she realized he couldn't answer her even if he wanted to, at least for the next thirty hours or so.

Veronica pushed open the slightly ajar door to his bathroom and was greeted by the heat that filled the air from a long, hot shower.

She glanced to her left and found a completely unclothed Archie getting out of the shower and drying himself off with a towel. 

Archie heard a small sound and glanced up only to meet the gaze of Veronica. He opened his mouth to speak and then closed it when he realized he needed his phone.

"Here." Veronica spoke, handing Archie his cell phone that had been on the counter near her.

He quickly slid his thumb over the fingerprint recognizer and unlocked his device, typing a quick message before hitting speak.

"Thanks.. sorry I didn't think you'd come by this earlier, I was just getting a quick shower in." An Australian Siri's voice was heard as opposed to the well known American one, and Veronica looked at him with a raised brow.

"Uh—what's with..?" Veronica asked, a laugh spilling out.

"I got bored." Siri's voice replied, "I can't talk to anyone and I can't write songs, I don't know what else to do in my free time."

"Ah, gotcha." Veronica replied, awkwardly shifting her glance to anything but Archie, "Do you, uh, maybe want to put on some clothes?"

"Huh?" Archie asked with a frown before looking down, "Oh! Yeah, sure."