under the pressure

a/n: i released a preview of this chapter a while ago, and this is the full version (: also let's talk about season 2's premiere last night bc i am highkey shookkk.

where you can find season 2:

international friends—the newest episode is available on netflix and all new episodes will be added onto netflix the day after it airs.
local friends(usa)—the newest episode is available on the cw website and app; all new episodes will be uploaded to their site/app (full episodes, or you can watch it live when it airs.)
[local friends—my recommendation if you aren't watching live is to watch on their website bc there are more ads on the app]

)[local friends—my recommendation if you aren't watching live is to watch on their website bc there are more ads on the app]

**this chapter contains spoilers towards the first episode that premiered last night**

You know how you can tell when someone's down? Well let's just say this is the one time Betty was in her ups and downs about my hesitant "friendship" with the Southside Serpents that she didn't pick up on it right away..

"Hey! How's Archie?" Betty asked as she saw Veronica walk in.

"He broke up with me." Veronica replied, tears streaming as she saw Betty.

"He—what?" Betty asked in disbelief, "Is this some late April Fools' joke?"

In response Veronica collapsed onto the other couch, sobbing.

"He just randomly did it, I didn't even think he would." Veronica barely managed to mutter out before her breathing had become uneven again.

"I'm so sorry, V." Betty looked at Veronica, gulping back her sadness and attempting to smile to lighten the situation, "I really am."

"Thanks, but it's not your fault. I just—I thought he was the one. So much for that thought, huh?" She blew her nose in a tissue and yawned.

"Don't say that. When was the last time you even slept?" Betty asked, concerned as she started to notice the dark circles under Veronica's eyes.

"I slept for a while but then woke up again. I'm so exhausted, but it's not like sleeping the day away will help."

"No, it won't but you need to at least get some rest. You can't just go on with several hours of sleep."

Veronica shrugged in response, Betty quickly pulling her phone out and walking to an empty classroom next door.

She quickly dialed the familiar number of her previous crush, watching as the "Connecting." appeared.

"Hello?" Archie's voice came through the line.

"What the fuck, Archie? Do you even know how upset Ronnie is right now? Why would you do this?" Betty immediately asked, replying with no greeting.