i'll forget forever

a/n: «...» is my line breaker for this chapter bc i just got a new macbook and i don't have the "camilaskj" line break i usually use

Archie felt a pain throbbing in his head, he groaned and groggily opened his eyes to take in his surroundings.

"What happened?" He heard someone ask, he could feel fingers lightly threading through his hair ghostly.

"I don't know. I kind of lashed out at him and the next thing I knew he was passed out." Another voice had replied.

"Ronnie?" He questioned.

"Archie? Are you okay?" Veronica asked, turning fully so she was facing him.

"I think so." Archie replied, feeling light headed for a brief moment before propping himself up to sit.

Hermione was sitting at the edge of Veronica's bed, watching, before she had decidedly left the room to give the two space to talk out their problems.

"Archie—"

"—I'm fine, don't worry about it." He sighed before continuing, "I'll be going then. See you around I guess."

Archie stood up and headed for the door when a pair of arms circled around his torso.

"Ronnie?" He looked at his ex-girlfriend in confusion as he turned around to face her.

"I didn't mean to—I didn't.." Veronica looked at the floor but for the short seconds she had glanced up, Archie noticed the tears that had been threatening to spill.

He instinctively walked to her and held her, placing a light kiss in her hair.

If you're confused, Veronica never intended for any of the things she had said previously. As a matter of fact it was more of the opposite, but being stubborn as a Lodge meant you wouldn't back down from getting your way, something she had been too used to in New York.

"I never meant any of those things I said to you.. And then when you fainted.. I, I.." 

"Shh.. Ronnie, it's okay." He whispered, feeling his heart stop momentarily as he watched tears uncontrollably flow down her cheeks.

Suddenly Veronica froze in place completely, Archie confused and about to ask her what had distracted her when she spoke.

"But th-that's the thing.. it's not oka-okay, we keep going back and forth and it's li-like we don't even know where we stand.." Veronica forced out, her breath hitching from her breakdown.

"Ronnie—" 

"—maybe we're too to-toxic for each other.."

Like I said — stubborn.

Archie pulled away slightly and backed away enough to fully look at her, he could feel his heart clenching at the thought of losing her completely.

"Veronica, please don't do this. I need you, I-I can't just.." Archie felt everything slowly become blurred once again. 

Before he knew it his head was hitting the ground and knocking him out cold.

"Archie!" Veronica immediately kneeled down besides him as she tried to wake him up by gently shaking him, "Archie — wake up.."

Tears were streaming faster than they were before, she dropped her phone and ran out the room, trying to find her mom.

«...»

"May I speak to the family associated with Archie Andrews, please." A doctor called out after stepping into the waiting hallway.

"That's us, is he okay?" Veronica asked, instantly standing up and moving forward to the doctor that could give her any information about the boy that had previously fainted while her mother followed her actions.